Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Bridgeport Sound Tigers squeak out a W against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at Nassau in Long Island.

He'll of a game to listen to (for the bits that I did).
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

For the first time this year I've gone to a game and the Bruins lost.

...I think. Did they even show up??
      UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        My next question, and I'm not trying to lead an anti-Southern expansion witchhunt (I'm just curious) - what would you say is the average attendance at a regular season Preds game not involving the Wings or the 'Hawks?
        I'm guessing about 13,000. They're doing better this year,overall (last I checked - about a week ago - they were 20th in attendance). I am pretty sure tomorrow's game against the Avalanche is sold out. The Monday night games against Edmonton or Calgary don't help. With football over they'll draw better, too...between the Titans/UT/Vandy, it's tough for the first couple of months.

Comment

More silly stuff tonight between Pittsburgh and New York. I believe over 200 PIM, another fight involving Brent Johnson, and Eric Godard leaving the bench to fight (hello, 10 game suspension).

Comment

Wow, that Pittsburgh-NYI game was a infinitely worse than anything that happened in the Bruins-Habs game.

Comment

I only wish I could have heard the crybaby Pittsburgh announcers. The game the other night against LA was embarrassing. On the game winning goal in OT, the color guy yells "here we go!" after a Jack Johnson turnover leading to the break.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I only wish I could have heard the crybaby Pittsburgh announcers. The game the other night against LA was embarrassing. On the game winning goal in OT, the color guy yells "here we go!" after a Jack Johnson turnover leading to the break.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

As a Bruins fan, it's nice knowing there's someone worse than Jack Edwards.

And when a team is killing you, might not be the best time to call them out for being the worst time in hockey.
                  Last edited by J.D.; 02-12-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    As a Bruins fan, it's nice knowing there's someone worse than Jack Edwards.

And when a team is killing you, might not be the best time to call them out for being the worst time in hockey.
                    stiegy is awful, but even he doesn't compare to edwards.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Martin nearly Bertuzzi'd Talbot, which was not so good.

The rest of it was fun though. Especially Haley wrestling Talbot down, then getting up and skating all the way down for a crack at Johnson.

According to Konopka, the game was their response to Johnson & Fleury allegedly laughing it up on the bench after DiPietro went down.

Comment

The word is that Herr Bettman will be personally involved in the discipline process. Break out your tinfoil hats everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          stiegy is awful, but even he doesn't compare to edwards.
                          I don't know about that one. Add in the Penguins color guy yelling "here we go!" the other night and it's a no contest.

Comment

Edwards is biased, Steigs actively roots for the Penguins like he is ON the Penguins. No contest.

I still hate Edwards though.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...ndersaftermath

Gillies gets 9.
                              Martin gets 4.
                              Godard gets 10.
                              UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

The comments on that article are popcorn worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X