Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the new villain(s) for The Dark Knight Rises are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the new villain(s) for The Dark Knight Rises are...

It appears that Catwoman and Bane will be the focus of Batman's attention this time around.

Finally, another bit of casting news on The Dark Knight Rises that is more than just a rumor. According to a press release from Warner Bros. received by The LA Times, Anne Hathaway has been cast to play Selina Kyle, a.k.a Catwoman, and Tom Hardy has been confirmed to play the villain Bane.
    Bane gets redeemed after his miserable portrayal in Batman & Robin. Hathaway's got one hell of a catsuit to fill out after Michelle Pfeiffer's take on her in Batman Returns.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Re: And the new villain(s) for The Dark Knight Rises are...

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    It appears that Catwoman and Bane will be the focus of Batman's attention this time around.

Bane gets redeemed after his miserable portrayal in Batman & Robin. Hathaway's got one hell of a catsuit to fill out after Michelle Pfeiffer's take on her in Batman Returns.
    Fortunately for Hathaway, the most recent Catwoman was Halle Berry.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post

Anne Hathaway is the cat's meow.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Fortunately for Hathaway, the most recent Catwoman was Halle Berry.
        There is only one Catwoman.

But Hathaway is as good a choice as we're likely to get during the Skeletor Age of merchandised womanhood.
        Last edited by Kepler; 01-19-2011, 01:16 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Going to be interesting to see how Bane fits into the storyline. Black Mask would have fit the current storyline perfectly.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hugo Strange made more sense than Black Mask. Considering Hardy is playing Bane I am guess we will see a sort of "Anti-Batman" on steroids. Remember when Bane was first introduced he was a tactical genius (even when Venomed out) who was able to figure out that Batman was Bruce Wayne and then broke his back in Wayne Manor.

Anne Hathaway is hot, I dont forsee her having any problem being Catwoman and I am guessing her Selina Kyle will be less whiny and annoying than MPs. (though her Catwoman was...uhhh...awesome!)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Hugo Strange made more sense than Black Mask.
              How so? Black Mask is a crime boss. Hugo Strange is a psychiatrist (ex I guess) interested in pyschopaths. I think a crime boss fits in perfectly with the current storyline given the emphasis on gangs of criminals in the series.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Anne Hathaway in a skin-tight, leather, cat woman suit? Yes please.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Because they have done the Crime Boss story to death. Falcone in Begins, every mob under the sun and then the Joker taking them over in TDK...it is at best a side story and while I like Black Mask (he is wickedly violent) I just am not sure another movie where Batman fights the mob will fly. (plus then what do you do have Bane be hired muscle...oh joy that makes his character as lame as the Unmentionable Movie did)

What makes Batman's villains so great are the over the top crazy involved in them...and their crazy is just the mirror image of his crazy. Hugo Strange would have been a much more interesting character to delve in (especially if they used Batman: Prey which was always the rumor) than another Mob Boss hell bent on running Gotham alone and destroying the Bat! (see Falcone, Marone, the Penguin...) JMHO.

Doesnt matter, neither are being used If they use Bane correctly (Knightfall itself, minus the Azrael BS was a very very well done story unlike its sequels where Bruce comes back and AzBats goes crazy) he could be pretty friggin awesome. Criminal genius with the power to destroy Batman and Bruce Wayne, that is right up there with Ras Al Ghul in terms of destructive power and awesomeness.

Speaking of Ras, a few weeks back the rumor was Nolan wanted two female leads in the flick...now one theory was it for another not needed love interest (blech) but the other was that Talia al Ghul could be in the mix. Now I highly doubt that it is most likely nothing but fanboy chatter but it could be very interesting. Problem is since Nolan and Bale have said this is their last Bat-Flick I highly doubt they would allow for so much to be put in this movie. That (amongst many other reasons) was why Spidey 3 blew chunks...too many stories, not enough of what really mattered.

blue wins the thread
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As long as it doesn't get too cartoon-y, Bane will work well.

I still think Catwoman will be a stupid addition. Even with someone as hot as Hathaway involved.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      As long as it doesn't get too cartoon-y, Bane will work well.

I still think Catwoman will be a stupid addition. Even with someone as hot as Hathaway involved.
                      If it precludes the use of a love interest...I am all for it! I am all for the flirting they have but Batman does not need a girlfriend.

If it is her plus some chick Bruce Wayne is supposed to be in love with again then I totally agree with you.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If we learned anything after all of our Ledger-Joker debates, it's that Nolan knows exactly what he's doing. I'm not expecting Hardy to be some horribly 'roided out maniac at all, at least not cartoonishly so. Catwoman was inevitable I figured so I can't get worked up over that even though it's been done to death. This will be good.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I'll take ten.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            What he said.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I'll take ten.
                              This.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X