Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Cycling thread.

Schlecks on Treks.

Trek to supply bikes to the new Luxembourg team, now called Team Leopard Trek.

http://road.cc/node/28917

Trek bailing on Astana now?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Schlecks on Treks.

Trek to supply bikes to the new Luxembourg team, now called Team Leopard Trek.

http://road.cc/node/28917

Trek bailing on Astana now?
    Astana rode Specialized bikes last year.
    Both Leopard and RadioShack will be riding Trek this year though.

The 2011 thread has been started! Let the games begin!
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The games have begun, Jayco Bay Crits were won by Matt Goss (HTC).

I think Tour Down Under starts next week and the Oz championships are this weekend.

Comment

Can't believe I beat Titleist to this post. Diluca signs with Katusha

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...katusha_155119
        Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Congrats Probert!

I'm not in my summer mode yet, where I check cyclingnews as part of my morning routine...I'll be getting better after the TDU and like Oman and Qatar.

I hope Danilo and Puito similar skillsets don't overlap too much.

Comment

So I pretty much abandoned the idea of a full suspension rig, at least for this year. But doing my research for that lit the bug in me, and I did like how the 29'ers I tested rode. So the more aI read about 29'ers, the more I was having the urge to get a nice steel hardtail 29'er, and build it up myself. And you know how I like steel bikes.

So the choice came down between this, and a Gunnar Rockhound. And these were being blown out to make way for new colors. So I pulled the trigger. A Niner MCR 9 in root beer.

*****http://i234.***********.com/albums/ee159/rufus21_photos/my%20bikes/2010%20Niner%20MCR%209/IMG_1391.jpg******

*****http://i234.***********.com/albums/ee159/rufus21_photos/my%20bikes/2010%20Niner%20MCR%209/IMG_1393.jpg******

Also bought a Motobecane from Bikesdirect pretty cheap as a donor parts bike, but have a new wheelset, suspension fork and headset on the way, as those were the major weak points in the Motobecane spec. I planned initially to go ahead and use them, but then said, what the heck. Frame and parts will be ebayed as I upgrade.

Next to be replaced will be stem, seatpost, and bars. Plan to build this up eventually witha lot of Hope stuff on it. But first task at hand is a couple coats of Framesaver to the inside of the tubes.

Comment

rufus, your the guy with all the Lampre kits, right? If so, I recommend (well recommend is the wrong word)you check out the new 2011 Lampre Kit... Very Pink

Comment

Nope, I'll have to pass on that one. The pink is a bit much, but the design is also not compelling.

But I also can't see why they gave the new Rat Shack kit such high marks.

Comment

Oh crap. Does this mean I have to start thinking about getting back is some kind of shape?

How much longer will Contador keep his 2010 TDF title?

Comment

Conti decision is still in the works, though Prudomme wants it to come quickly too! McQuaid isn't as hopeful.

First "real" event of the season, Caner Council Classic, the pre-event for the TDU was won by Goss ahead of leadout man Renshaw and ageless Robbie McEwen. Seems to have been a crash in the last few K that disrupted Farrar, Greipel and Cav.

Comment

I went on my first ride of the season today - just 35k (including a 3k 9% climb) then ran out of daylight. We've had a ridiculously warm spell in Geneva/Europe, so I plan to take full advantage if it continues...

(and yes, brianvf, I got a picture for you when I returned)
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        I went on my first ride of the season today - just 35k (including a 3k 9% climb) then ran out of daylight. We've had a ridiculously warm spell in Geneva/Europe, so I plan to take full advantage if it continues...

(and yes, brianvf, I got a picture for you when I returned)
                        Excellent (on both the ride and the pic)!

How did the bike ride? As good as you were hoping?
                        Also, how did the extra altimeter functions work on the computer?
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          Excellent (on both the ride and the pic)!

How did the bike ride? As good as you were hoping?
                          Also, how did the extra altimeter functions work on the computer?
                          To me, the bike is an absolute dream! Up to now, the best bike I'd owned was a LeMond Tourmalet (steel frame) with Tiagra components, though, so my bar may not be set high enough... Seriously, though - I could not be happier. It really feels absolutely fantastic. I also really like the A530 pedals - I live in town, so there's a lot of stopping and starting before getting out to the open roads. It's nice to have a decent platform to set my foot on without clipping in while riding in town.

The altimeter works just fine, but it seems to be ~100m higher than the elevations that Google Earth tells me. I assume there may be an offset that I can set in there somehow, but I haven't dug that far into the user's manual yet. The only thing I didn't find was the inclinometer - never could get that to display. I'm sure a quick review of the manual will turn that up, too.

It was still warm enough for ride #3 today, but unfortunately I'm buried by work. Is it daylight savings time yet???
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Contador stripped of 2010 TDF title given 1 year suspension.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...al-says_157185
                            Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

In the first "major" stage race of the year in Europe, Moncoutie win atop Mt. Faron and take the GC of the Tour de Med.

Yesterday Renshaw won the Tour of Qatar. Which seemed like a beast with wind and echelons and whatnot. Next up is Tour of Oman (with a MTF) and Volta ao Algave (in Portugal)

Comment

Working...
                              X