2011 Cycling thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

Unreal finish, huh? Harmon on Eurosport was convinced that Froome (a Brit, well actually a Kenyan) had won a grand tour and was going crazy. Got a bit annoying.

And yes, regrettably it seems that Bottle is going to Omega Pharma-Quickstep. So disappointing.

And with regards to the Shack-Leopard merger, I guess thats fine, since I hate everyone on that team except Cance, I hope he escapes somehow. Truth be told, if The Hog's direction of Hincapie at Roubaix is any indication, Cance has no chance.

Comment

How many points would have gotten you Froome on velogames? I am guessing 6 at most. Nice last 3K today with time bonus I guess it is possible for Froome to take a run.
      Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Couldn't have been many. I was wondering the same about Cobo, but you can't find their point values on the site anymore.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yeah, both super cheap I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Couldn't have been many. I was wondering the same about Cobo, but you can't find their point values on the site anymore.
            Cobo was quite a few points 12 or 14 I think, I considered taking him and decided he won't do anything Menchov is the Geox leader.
            Last edited by Probert; 09-07-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Looking at some of the overall leading teams, Froome was 4pts, Cobo 14pts.

Looks like George fixed Stage 12 and Avermaet's pts jumped from 10 to 95 putting me in the USCHO Red! After blowing the USCHO tour on the last two stages, I'm certainly capable of choking it away. Kind of hoping Froome pulls it out, but with how Sky managed the race Cobo probably deserves it.

Comment

Anton delivers a stage win to save a little face for the Euskatel carrots. Still disappointed with Sky not hedging their Wiggins bet after the time trial. Congrats to Cobo, Menchov, Sastre and the rest of those Geox boys though.

Comment

Hopefully Wiggins 3rd place overall will vault me past Rufus onto the USCHO podium.

Comment

Big classics news today: A new finishing town and thus a new route for one of the two best races of the year. The Ronde will now finish in Oudenaarde not Meerbeke and the Muur Geraadsbergen aka Kapelmuur and the Bosberg are out instead there will be three accents of the Oude Kwaremont and Paterberg. It should make for a harder more selective race but is RvV without the Muur the same?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/belg...ur-of-flanders

Comment

Martin dethrones Cance as the world TT champ. Directv appears to still be giving me Universal Sports (maybe I'm paying for it?) and the World Champs Road Race is this weekend. Hoping I can watch it. I'm hoping Cance sneaks away from all the sprinters and takes the race.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                        Directv appears to still be giving me Universal Sports (maybe I'm paying for it?)
                        The free preview runs from early August through September. As of 10/1 it will be available with the sports pack, which is unfortunate as I love that channel.
                        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Congrats to the rainbow jersey winners

Tony Martin TT
                          Mark Cavendish road

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                            Congrats to the rainbow jersey winners

Tony Martin TT
                            Mark Cavendish road
                            Sky controlled the race the entire way. Eight guys on the front never let any break go far and resisted any attacks. Commentators said Goss blew his chance to pin Cav on the wall. Cance lost the bronze by a small fraction of a tiny margin.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                              Sky controlled the race the entire way. Eight guys on the front never let any break go far and resisted any attacks. Commentators said Goss blew his chance to pin Cav on the wall. Cance lost the bronze by a small fraction of a tiny margin.
                              It would be team UK wouldn't it not Team Sky I'm not sure Gogo's assessment was right if Goss tried to close the door on Cav he could have always shot the gap and come around him or been relegated for going off his line.

Comment

Just to pizz Brian off.

*****http://i234.***********.com/albums/ee159/rufus21_photos/my%20bikes/2011%20Stumpjumper%20FSR%20Comp%2029er/IMG_1585.jpg******
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X