Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

Garmin was actually 24:48.

Sky finishes four seconds back at 24:52.

Radioshack is on course right now headed towards the first check.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

The Shack has some work to do...

Down 9 seconds after the first check to Garmin and in fifth place.

The key will be if this team, as it usually does under Johann, can stick together with all 9 riders for the whole course.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Eisel goes down for HTC, wouldn't be surprised if he misses the time cut...will be something in the neighborhood of +7:30 and he's got 20 or so K by himself. That would hurt Cav.

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
          Eisel goes down for HTC, wouldn't be surprised if he misses the time cut...will be something in the neighborhood of +7:30 and he's got 20 or so K by himself. That would hurt Cav.
          Keeps getting worse for Cavendish...

Never have brought myself to pick him until this year. Already regretting it.

Of course he can make up for it real quick by starting to pile up some stage wins as he always seems to do. Won't be easy though like you said if one of his top lieutenant's like Eisel gets dropped.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Radioshack in third, 10 seconds back of Garmin.

1.Garmin 24:48
            2.Sky 24:52
            3.Radioshack 24:58

BMC, Leopard-Trek, and HTC Highroad still on the course though.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Garmin has this now. Eisel's crash seemed to have thrown HTC and none of the rest have a shot. OPL and BMC both have no chance, I was never sold on Leopard and without Posthuma and F. Schleck struggling they are done. As I type BMC put up a decent 1st check, still they just don't have the horses.

Well, small victories, Conti defended himself and the Shack didn't win. Too bad Vaughters' team had to. God I hate TTTs. Oh look, HTC for 3rd.

Comment

24:53 for HTC Highroad bumps Radioshack to fourth.

Hushovd looking really solid for yellow right now unless BMC can pull off the upset. They were third best through the first time check, just a half second behind Garmin's opening check time.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Leopard-Trek edges HTC by less than a second to take over third.

1.Garmin
                  2.Sky
                  3.Leopard-Trek
                  4.HTC
                  5.Radioshack
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Wind direction has switched, should give BMC a boost. Conti is something like 1:38 behind A. Schleck. He should be able to get that back in Grenoble but will likely still need to be a little more aggressive. Hushovd should take yellow for a day then I suspect that Evans might grab it on the Mur on Tuesday, depending on how much time he loses here.

Comment

TTT went pretty much as I expected didn't think Leopard Trek would do as well as they did Voight, Fugulsang and Cancellara did a good drop of dragging the Schlecks through the course in a fast time.
                      Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Wish I'd have taken Thor instead of Farrar. I think Tyler is going to situp at the sniff of any hill, where Thor is going to fight for green. If Garmin chases breaks I think Thor could hold it for a week.

Comment

I don't think that Thor is going to be allowed to chase green. He I don't think he'll be allowed many points tomorrow and Gilbert will win again on Tuesday (plus I think it might be too much for him). For tomorrow, here is the profile:

__________/\________ with the massive Cat 4 being this: *****http://www.piles.setra.equipement.gouv.fr/IMG/jpg/pont_de_st_nazaire_1034_cle0cfb4e.jpg******

The feared Cote de Pont de Saint Nazaire!

Cav, unless he hasn't screwed up yet, then Petacchi.

Comment

I've made the decision this tour to try and watch the Versus coverage while streaming the Eurosport audio for a number of reasons. 1) I really enjoy Sean Kelly's commentary 2) I really can't stand Phil/Paul/Bobke. So this morning I had Vs.pre-race show on, and so I hadn't been able to try and sync up the audio to the video and hear either Phil or Paul make some comment about how Contador must be thinking about how badly his tour was going before he slept at night. Then one of the first things I hear on Eurosport is Kelly: "Contador isn't losing sleep about the situation."

Comment

On a personal note, I'm riding L'Etape du Tour Acte I a week from today (over the stage 19 route, Galibier + Huez). Unfortunately, due to a 7-week long business trip in March and April and another 5 weeks off nursing injuries from a crash in May and June, I have not come close to doing the training that I would like, so I'm just in it to survive it at this point. I'm still stoked, though, and getting my big black pencil ready to check this off my bucket list. On y va!!!
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Great victory for Farrar yesterday. No 3km rule today, though. We'll see who wins...

Comment

Working...
                                X