2011 Cycling thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

Joaquin Rodriguez wins the final two mountain stages back to back, Bradley Wiggins of Sky wins the Dauphine overall.

And simultaneously, we start the Tour de Suisse. Where Andy Schleck proceeds to drop his chain in the opening prologue. The guy's an idiot on the bike. Hopefully Contador waited for him this time.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Good one rufus!

J.M. Soler returned to life, much like Rujano with a big win in Suisse! Its a nice route in Suisse this year, 108 K tomorrow with an HC and a Cat. 1 in it. Cunego and F. Schleck were there with Soler.

Of note Andy got out climbed today by sprinter Rojas today...he is certainly right where he wants to be!

Comment

Been behind in my Suisse viewing, but I just had to say those climbs on stage 3 were awesome. Narrow twisty roads, fog and rain, and equally narrow and twisty descents. Nice to see the attack and the bommbing of the descent from Cunego, maybe some of the best riding he's done in years. Fun stage.

Comment

Velogames has Tour entries open.
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            Velogames has Tour entries open.
            Hoping to make a comeback this year after I went from first to worst.

The First Lady should be joining too. She would have won the USCHO group if she would have joined the group in time.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I'll be honest I really expected to come here and read a long list of posts congratulating Levi on his fine win in the Tour de Suisse . I really can not believe that Cunego bungled it so badly in the final TT losing 2 minutes to finish second to the wheelsucker. On the other hand my Tour de Suisse team did very well I finished in the top 125 and would have done much better if Juan Marcio Soler hadn't crashed out.
              Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

I just checked the velogames, do we have a league yet, and have managed to put together a team I don't like, but could win every stage.

I also managed to get Gesink on the team, but he was almost hurt yesterday and not sure what to do. He was in the final selection of the Dutch NC and made, a kind of pointless, attack. Then he started softpedelling and kind of grabbed at his knee. Then pulled out. Rabo released a statement that he hadn't adjusted to sea-level after returning from a high altitude camp. I could make a straight swap from VDB2 but not sure he is quite as strong as Gesink...

And sorry Probert, I still support Cunego and oppose Retirement Shack in everything they do.

Comment

My Team

Alberto CONTADOR SBS
                  Andy SCHLECK LEO
                  Egoi MARTINEZ EUS
                  Chris Anker SÖRENSEN SBS
                  Mark CAVENDISH THR
                  Jérémy ROY FDJ
                  Chris HORNER RSH
                  Cyril GAUTIER EUC
                  Anthony ROUX FDJ
                  Basically betting my team on Cav, Andy and AC figure Horner may get a top 10 and Martinez could get KOM hopefully the French guys can get in a break and get a stage win.

Mini League Info
                  League Name: USCHO
                  League Code: 27233039
                  Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

In...My team is built on the big 3 of Contador, Cav, and Gilbert (I think he wins 2-3 stages and challenges for the Green if he wants it.)

Alberto CONTADOR SBS
                    Tony MARTIN THR
                    Robert GESINK RAB
                    Chris Anker SÖRENSEN SBS
                    Mark CAVENDISH THR
                    Philippe GILBERT OLO
                    Jimmy ENGOULVENT SAU
                    Anthony RAVARD ALM
                    Thomas VOECKLER EUC

Not loving the CAS or Tony Martin pick, but its the best I can do. I'd love to scrape a 2nd "all rounder" in favor of another domestic so I could get a Samu or something bit rules is rules and I historically am in my post Giro malaise for this event.

Comment

• Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

I'll probably make some changes here, but my tentative lineup from a few days ago was this:

Contador
                      Wiggins
                      Gadret
                      Arroyo
                      Ciolek
                      De Gendt
                      Duque
                      Roche
                      and surprisingly, Leipheimer.

Not sold on him though, and might try to figure some way to add Kloden instead.

Comment

Alberto CONTADOR
                        Andy SCHLECK
                        Remy DI GREGORIO
                        Pierrick FEDRIGO
                        Mark CAVENDISH
                        Jérémy ROY
                        Stuart O'GRADY
                        Daniel NAVARRO
                        Brent BOOKWALTER

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Not sold on him though, and might try to figure some way to add Kloden instead.
                        I thought about Wheel Sucker because I think he is in good form. However, I was worried about too many GC'ers on Radioshack.
                        My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

rufus, wow, Roche and Gadret on the same team. Aren't you afraid Nico will finally kill Gadret for the incident last year?

Comment

I noticed no one has Fabian Cancellara right now.

Is there a reason people are staying away from him this year? Is he no longer a virtual lock to win the time trials anymore or is he in poor form right now?

As i've said countless times I only follow this sport during the Tour so please any help would be appreciated for this "fairweather" cycling fan
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I noticed no one has Fabian Cancellara right now.

Is there a reason people are staying away from him this year? Is he no longer a virtual lock to win the time trials anymore or is he in poor form right now?

As i've said countless times I only follow this sport during the Tour so please any help would be appreciated for this "fairweather" cycling fan
                              There is only one ITT this year in Stage 20 so while Cancellara could very well win it, that is most likely the only real points he will give a team. Although Leopard-trek could I suppose win the TTT, but I would think that Garmin at least will do better. Also in my mind with the ITT in the next to last stage why take the chance that he will even still be in the Tour. I could very well see him drop out by then or be so spent that he's might not win. Bottom line for me is that there are better ways to spend those 8 points. But be warned I usually finish crappy in the standings so take my "advise" with a huge grain of salt!
                              My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
                                rufus, wow, Roche and Gadret on the same team. Aren't you afraid Nico will finally kill Gadret for the incident last year?
                                Refresh my memory, I don't recall.

I thought about Wheel Sucker because I think he is in good form. However, I was worried about too many GC'ers on Radioshack.
                                yeah, that's an issue too, and while Levi and kloden will probably finish pretty high overall, I don't think either can hang for points on the mountain stages. They'll be there, but come in around 10-15th, 30 seconds or a minute back, and so not score much in the fantasy standings.

My final roster:

Contador
                                Wiggins
                                Van Den Brouck
                                Gadret
                                Greipel
                                De Gendt
                                Ignatiev
                                Roche
                                Gilbert

I really wanted to call them Levi's Wheelsuckers, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X