Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

Originally posted by sagard View Post
    Wiggins, Anton, Menchov, Rodriguez, Haedo, Kittel, Sagan, Van Avermaet, and Van Summeran.
    GC wise that team has the potential to be a monster! And the younger fast men could be real strong.

Also Gilbert won't just be battling Thor but also Evans, who is very strong in the Ardennes.

It seems like it could be 40C+ in Spain the next few days...can't wait to see if someone actually melts on Sierra Nevada.

Comment

Like I said, starting it early, it's gonnabe super-hot. it's already blazing during the time it normally ran.

They should move the Vuelta back to the early spring like it used to be, and move the TOC to this time period. A one week tour before the Worlds, no one would be dropping out early to train.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

56 year old Ned Overend wins the Mt. Washington hillclimb ahead of 50 year old Tinker Juarez.

Funny story, last year the day after the hillclimb, I was driving along West Side Road here in town, a popular bicycle route, and saw this guy riding his bike with some major dreads sticking out of his helmet. I thought, "that guy looks just like Tinker Juarez", and then, about a half mile down the road, I realized the hillclimb had been the previous day, and that probably was Tinker Juarez out for a little loosen up ride.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Vincenzo NIBALI [24] LIQ
          Tony MARTIN [10] THR
          Joaquin RODRIGUEZ [22] KAT
          Igor ANTON [20] EUS
          Juan Jose HAEDO [6] SBS
          Peter SAGAN [8] LIQ
          Robert WAGNER [2] LEO
          Jurgen VAN DE WALLE [2] OLO
          Daniel MARTIN [6] GRM

I pretty much eliminated the sprinter role from my team and went heavy on the GC & climbers.
          Nibali, Rodriguez, and Anton should all figure highly in the overall and maybe T.Martin and D.Martin can surprise.
          Sagan is thrown in for the stage wins and Van de Walle in case Van den Broeck hasn't fully recovered from his TdF injuries and Omega lets him ride free.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

And Kittel starts to pay back the heavy investment! Tomorrow looks a day for Sagan, though Bennati could make it over, maybe Freire, fingers crossed for Kittel.

Comment

Do you think they will let Sagan do anything for himself? Or is he going to be blocking wind all three weeks?

Comment

I think they'll give him an amount of freedom, if there isn't a GC threat, like on today's stage.

Comment

Nice that the break won today. The climbing in both Spain and Colorado starts tomorrow.
                  Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

I guess I won't be disappointed about not getting Cav this time.

Comment

Yeah, that noise you heard was my team blowing up...Cav quits, Anton loses 1:35, Kruzwik (I can't spell his name) loses 3 minutes in a mechanical yesterday...I'm just here for the stage wins, go Kittel!

Comment

There was something wrong with my TV today the announcers kept saying it was Levi on the attack in Colorado.
                        Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                          There was something wrong with my TV today the announcers kept saying it was Levi on the attack in Colorado.
                          Maybe he finally figured out that wheel sucking doesn't get him any wins???
                          My Four Favorite teams:
                          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Excellent riding from Liquigas in La Vuelta! 4 man TT down the decent with Sagan and the Shark. The group took a bout 15 sec from Purito and Chava and about 20 more from the rest but they messed up the sprint. The one passenger, Lastras forced Sagan to sprint for the win (and time bonus) and Nibs got out "Sprinted" by Agnoli so not bonus for him.

Also it looked like Bottle was back to his old habits yesterday and let Van Gederen ride away for the win and about a 30 sec lead going into the TT.

Comment

Really George from Velogames, Marcel Kittel for 2 points?!? Well the stage win today makes it all good. Plus a huge crash taking out Farrar, Nibs, Scarponi among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
                                Really George from Velogames, Marcel Kittel for 2 points?!? Well the stage win today makes it all good. Plus a huge crash taking out Farrar, Nibs, Scarponi among others.
                                I have more a problem with the 20 for Anton, which I gladly paid. Or the large amount for Menchov. Should have just stick with Nibali. He looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X