Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Cycling thread.

I laughed:

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
      By going down swinging I meant he was going for the win not saying well I am in 7th I will play it safe pick up some time put in a good time trial and end up on the podium like a lot of cyclists would do. Contador seems to be willing to possibly risk finishing off the podium for the chance to win.
      checkers or wreckers
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Another uneventful day to start the Alps. The next 2 days are going to be good.
        Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
          Another uneventful day to start the Alps. The next 2 days are going to be good.
          I hope your right, but I don't see it. Evans will hang on tomorrow. But Contador will get two minutes on Evans at Alp de Huez, just like Sastre did. Then Conte wins the time trial and gets the rewards. Schlecks are a waste of time, you just know they will screw up again or fail heinously in the time trial if they manage to stay ahead in moutains. I'm guessing Voeckler holds on one more day.

Comment

sagard, I agree that your scenario is likely what happens, watching Contador make it happen should be the fun part. The last two days have been exciting when AC decided that it was time to race. Watching SBS and Leopard abuse BMC tomorrow should be good to isolate Evans. Also watching TV suffer is always fun. If he gets to Grenoble with the maillot, all of France will push him on. He is a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
              sagard, I agree that your scenario is likely what happens, watching Contador make it happen should be the fun part. The last two days have been exciting when AC decided that it was time to race. Watching SBS and Leopard abuse BMC tomorrow should be good to isolate Evans. Also watching TV suffer is always fun. If he gets to Grenoble with the maillot, all of France will push him on. He is a fighter.
              Evans needs to hope Contador is too good and nobody can go with him. Then they might be able to contain his damage as a group. But I suspect on le Alpe Andy will stick with Contador and maybe Sanchez too. Then that group will get big time on Frank, Basso, Evans and Voekler. Evans will take 2nd again with a decent time trial.

Comment

I don't see Contador beating Evans in the TT.
                If Evans is ahead of Contador after the Alpe, I think he's got the Tour won.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  I don't see Contador beating Evans in the TT.
                  If Evans is ahead of Contador after the Alpe, I think he's got the Tour won.
                  I can see Contador beating Evans in the TT but the time gap will be close as opposed to Schleck's where both Contador and Evans should gain big time. I think today is the key for Contador as I agree he will pick up time on most contenders on the Alpe, if he picks up a little bit more on Evans and Sanchez today and then another minute plus tommorrow he will be in good shape. If Evans and he are close for the time trial it will be a two man duel. Sanchez could surprise on the TT but he probably would be best to have a minute on Contador and Evans going in. I see podium as Contador Evans Sanchez.
                  Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Apocalypse Alert: Bottle has left the peloton! Going forward that is. The guy whose wheel he was sucking must have attacked and Bottle kept going. Not sure he'll know what to do.

Also I think an unhurt AC takes between 30 and 45 sec of Evans in the TT. Evans lost 1 minute to Wiggins in the the dry run so 30 sec sounds about right.

Comment

Apocalypse Alert #2: A. Schleck actually attacks for more than 10 seconds and has opened up a lead!
                      My Four Favorite teams:
                      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

More than 3:00 now...getting interesting.

Yeah, I'm gonna edit this now. Its not interesting, its odd or stupid, can't decide which.
                        Last edited by Titleist; 07-21-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Poor Cadel Evans.

What the heck are Contador, Sanchez, Basso etc thinking?

Andy has steadilby been improving his time trial ability and if they don't cut this gap down, they'll have to have some ridiculous rides to try and catch Frank or Andy.

The Schlecks are sitting pretty right now.

The question is...who will answer?

Really feel for Evans right now that no one is helping him.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Contador dropped/yo-yoing. Nope definitively dropped.

This whole stage has bugged me. I really don't like A. Schleck or Evans (despite his Saeco connection) and enjoy Contador's riding style.

Only A. Schleck, Evans, and Voeckler deserve to win this. When does the Vuelta start again? Or better yet who is winning the Brixia Tour right now?

Comment

Incredible by Voeckler to hold the yellow jersey!

How can you not cheer for him? Incredible.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Seriously, Chapeau Thomas! That is one of the two highlights for me, the other is Cunego is up into 5th! So all of France will be on the Alpe tomorrow cheering for Voeckler. Not sure he can do it but, his heart, grinta, and Pierre Rolland might get it done for him. Maybe? Si vous plait?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X