Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet and Exercise 2011: Better Than This.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diet and Exercise 2011: Better Than This.

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    How do people feel about exercising when you have a cold? Woke up this morning feeling yucky (mainly in the throat), but it's going to be the warmest day we've had in months and I was really looking forward to taking the bike out.
    If it's just allergies, I take my medicine and go. If it's a cold or I'm having issues with my GI tract, I stay home.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

i think these heavy deadlifts are starting to get to my right hand... had a nice black and blue yesterday... should be fine for my attempt at 330 on Friday.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        How do people feel about exercising when you have a cold? Woke up this morning feeling yucky (mainly in the throat), but it's going to be the warmest day we've had in months and I was really looking forward to taking the bike out.
        If I have a fever then I stay home. Otherwise I work out.
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Well, I went anyway and don't seem to be feeling any ill effects. Took a shorter ride than I'd originally been planning, but I probably would have done that anyway due to the strength/direction of the wind here yesterday.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Runny nose, headache, etc. I go. Coughing, fever, I stay home.

Been sticking to a pretty good schedule workout wise. Also, been making most of our food from scratch. Made homemade whole wheat bread yesterday and 1/2 whole wheat- 1/2 AP spinach pasta with homemade sauce for dinner.

Comment

I hate my bike trainer. I hate Spinervals. I hate Troy Jacobson.

Whose with me here?
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                I hate my bike trainer. I hate Spinervals. I hate Troy Jacobson.

Whose with me here?
                We sell those videos at the store. I think of you every time I see them.

I just started work at a running store here in Duluth. I am learning SO MUCH about shoes, apparel, running form, and some about wetsuits and other tri gear. The best part is that, in the name of product research, I get to try on as much apparel and as many pairs of shoes as I want! While I love my Asics Foundations that I've been wearing for about 2 years now, I think I'm going to switch over to either a Saucony Hurricane or a Mizuno Nirvana after this race.
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post

I just started work at a running store here in Duluth. I am learning SO MUCH about shoes, apparel, running form, and some about wetsuits and other tri gear. The best part is that, in the name of product research, I get to try on as much apparel and as many pairs of shoes as I want! While I love my Asics Foundations that I've been wearing for about 2 years now, I think I'm going to switch over to either a Saucony Hurricane or a Mizuno Nirvana after this race.
                  Since I have run with younger runners*- who are older than you....

When's the first marathon and Tri scheduled? I fully expect you to do that, now that you are in a running store!

Boston or bust, right?

*- means I see young runners improve at a very quick pace, since they are very capable of recovering a lot faster than my old bones. I within shouting distance of 2x 'diva's age. Or, you are going to do great at this store.

Comment

While I love my Asics Foundations that I've been wearing for about 2 years now, I think I'm going to switch over to either a Saucony Hurricane or a Mizuno Nirvana after this race.
                    I use to be a die hard Asics user, but my local running store convinced me to try Mizuno Wave Rider 14's and I love them!
                    My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                      I use to be a die hard Asics user, but my local running store convinced me to try Mizuno Wave Rider 14's and I love them!
                      A couple years ago, I ran with Mizuno Wave Renegades, and they really helped correct over-pronating. Wanted to continue with them last year, but I couldn't find them. That being said, now that I'm a little heavier, my Brooks are much lighter on my feet and I'm posting better times with these.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Since I have run with younger runners*- who are older than you....

When's the first marathon and Tri scheduled? I fully expect you to do that, now that you are in a running store!

Boston or bust, right?

*- means I see young runners improve at a very quick pace, since they are very capable of recovering a lot faster than my old bones. I within shouting distance of 2x 'diva's age. Or, you are going to do great at this store.
                        Haha, you're right--Boston or bust!
                        I'm actually thinking of hitting both targets next year. The store is in the early stages of organizing a 1/2 IM in the area, so that's one option, though I'd rather find something shorter to start. I have a few ideas for fulls as well, that is definitely going to happen next year.
                        My first tri, my first marathon, and my wedding all in one summer... it's going to be crazy and epic.

I ran in Saucony Stabils in high school, and I loved them except for the weight of the shoe. I chose the Asics Foundation because it had the same support of the Stabil but it was lighter. I have and will always have pronation issues, but it's not as bad as it used to be and can be reduced somewhat if I keep working on form (more of a mid-foot strike as opposed to a heel strike), so I can probably go down a bit in terms of control and stability in my shoe. The Mizuno was good, but I think I need something with a slightly wider toe box, like I found in the Saucony Hurricane.
                        /shoe nerd in training.
                        Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 03-09-2011, 10:35 AM.
                        Always a Wildcat...
                        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

The Mizuno was good, but I think I need something with a slightly wider toe box, like I found in the Saucony Hurricane.
                          /shoe nerd in training.
                          I have a very narrow, long foot, so the Mizuno's fit me great. I can certainly see why someone with a regular (or wide) width foot wouldn't find them to their liking.
                          My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

I've run on Mizunos for 3 years now, and unless Boulder Running Company tells me differently, I'm going to stay in them

do you see me wanting to hammerpunch Troy Jacobson many times over?

Lost my cool in the gym today. I was attempting to do the Mark Allen lifting plan, and for whatever reason, I struggle with the tricep extensions. My elbow doesn't want to hinge or something. Anyway, I got frustrated and left in a huff. Good thing it's early in the season
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

speaking of running, who's going to the frozen four? I'm looking for a good 10 mile run on Friday- don't need it saturday with the posters game and all.

I know Sloe's going to be.... well, he's not coming with quiz. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                                I've run on Mizunos for 3 years now, and unless Boulder Running Company tells me differently, I'm going to stay in them

do you see me wanting to hammerpunch Troy Jacobson many times over?

Lost my cool in the gym today. I was attempting to do the Mark Allen lifting plan, and for whatever reason, I struggle with the tricep extensions. My elbow doesn't want to hinge or something. Anyway, I got frustrated and left in a huff. Good thing it's early in the season
                                Yes, that is exactly what I see.
                                In other shoe news, I tried a Saucony Mirage yesterday. Oh man, they were awesome. They're a stability trainer, and I was informed by a co-worker that they would work great as a lighter racing shoe for me. Guess what I'm picking up next payday.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                speaking of running, who's going to the frozen four? I'm looking for a good 10 mile run on Friday- don't need it saturday with the posters game and all.

I know Sloe's going to be.... well, he's not coming with quiz. Anyone else?
                                I'll be there for Saturday, I think FM is playing sieve in the Posters' game. If there's anyone that wants to run that day, I'm game.
                                Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                                X