The 2011 Boston Red Sox: This Space for Rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2011 Boston Red Sox: This Space for Rent

The Sox have signed position players Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzales, and shored up the bullpen with Bobby Jenks.

But the Yankees picked up Jordan Parraz on waivers, which will definitely put them over the top!

Re: The 2011 Boston Red Sox: This Space for Rent

Good start for Youk.

Comment

Can't believe there's no chatter here yet!

Anyway, this has nothing to do with this year's Red Sox but it does mention the Red Sox and I think Red Sox fans will appreciate it.

Best ticket hearing ever.

Comment

Lester gets the opening day start for the Red Sox @ Texas. One of the few warm weather/cold weather games actually played in the warm weather city.

Comment

I believe the lack of success the Celtics had following the Green/Perkins trade is starting to destroy everyone else's expectations too. Yesterday, Felger and Mazz were discussing what would happen if Terry Francona gets fired this season. Wha!?!?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I believe the lack of success the Celtics had following the Green/Perkins trade is starting to destroy everyone else's expectations too. Yesterday, Felger and Mazz were discussing what would happen if Terry Francona gets fired this season. Wha!?!?
            I'm worried about the Pats success if Belichick is fired and replaced with Mordecai the Dancing Yiddish Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I'm worried about the Pats success if Belichick is fired and replaced with Mordecai the Dancing Yiddish Clown.
              I say we hire Roboshark to replaced Claude Julien when the Bruins get bounced in the first round. Who is with me?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                I say we hire Roboshark to replaced Claude Julien when the Bruins get bounced in the first round. Who is with me?
                Me!
                Originally posted by Bakunin
                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

RIP Lou Gorman.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I'm betting he won't have lunch tomorrow....
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nice catch.

Comment

Dear Jon Lester,

I drafted you as the ace of my staff in three different leagues. Stop throwing gopher balls!

Me

Comment

i guess it's a little too early to dismiss pap
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I thought Daniel Bard was the reason the Red Sox signed Bobby Jenks.

I guess I was wrong.
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

We're doomed. The Sox are going to go 0-162 and Lester will have an 8.44 era. On the bright side, AGon will bat .500 and have 486 rbi's.

Comment

Working...
                              X