• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Re: The 2011 Boston Red Sox: This Space for Rent

Heh.

*****http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/OBF/moneybagsuse1a.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Will have to view when I get home!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
    Rover may have to agree
    Are you sure that isn't Rover?

Leave a comment:

• IrishWildcat
    replied

Heard this (edited) on the radio this morning, and though this gentleman is heavily intoxicated, he's rather spot on with his assertations...Rover may have to agree

Definitely NSFW

T&R Red Sox Recap 9/21
    Last edited by IrishWildcat; 09-21-2011, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

I'm off to Fenway tonight to catch the last game there this year. Here's hoping they can at least go out with a win.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Why aren't the pitchers for the other 29 teams suffering too?
    They are. I think 3/4ths of Oakland's pitching staff has been on the shelf this year, and they're all in their 20's. The Yankees have had to wheel Bartolo Colon's corpse out there to shore up their staff. I don't get the point of paying pitchers 15M a year and then babying them so they they take several months off.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I've been holding off long enough for my "old geezer" rant, but here goes: The problem for the Sox is their starting pitching sucks. The reason for that is everybody's injured. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but when I was a kid it was still the era of 4 man rotations and back then pitchers didn't spend half the season on the DL IIRC, they freakin pitched. Guys like Carlton, Seaver, etc. Not saying they never got hurt, but all these ticky tack little injuries that players take half the season off nursing is making me want to puke. I mean if a bum QB like Tony Romo can play a contact sport with cracked ribs and a punctured lung and still throw the ball 50 years downfield, what's the f'in problem? Beckett, Bucholtz, etc I'm looking at you. Its even funnier because if you ever see those games on one of those Classic channels or whatever, the players look like regular people who most likely went out for a few the night before the game. Now you have pitchers on 'roids, strengthening programs, nutrition programs, biorythem analysis, whateverdafuk plus they throw a lot less innings and these candy-@ sses can't make it through a full season? Gimme a break. Get your sorry, over paid over privileged arse out there and start earning your paycheck dammit.
    Why aren't the pitchers for the other 29 teams suffering too?

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

I've been holding off long enough for my "old geezer" rant, but here goes: The problem for the Sox is their starting pitching sucks. The reason for that is everybody's injured. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but when I was a kid it was still the era of 4 man rotations and back then pitchers didn't spend half the season on the DL IIRC, they freakin pitched. Guys like Carlton, Seaver, etc. Not saying they never got hurt, but all these ticky tack little injuries that players take half the season off nursing is making me want to puke. I mean if a bum QB like Tony Romo can play a contact sport with cracked ribs and a punctured lung and still throw the ball 50 years downfield, what's the f'in problem? Beckett, Bucholtz, etc I'm looking at you. Its even funnier because if you ever see those games on one of those Classic channels or whatever, the players look like regular people who most likely went out for a few the night before the game. Now you have pitchers on 'roids, strengthening programs, nutrition programs, biorythem analysis, whateverdafuk plus they throw a lot less innings and these candy-@ sses can't make it through a full season? Gimme a break. Get your sorry, over paid over privileged arse out there and start earning your paycheck dammit.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hKWdwFDEcLw/TjmOSGRtg5I/AAAAAAAADgk/0_aArNSyuTE/s1600/panic-alarm-button-buy-one-get-one-free.jpg******

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Why do we always come here?
    I guess we'll never know.
    It's like a kind of torture
    To have to watch the show.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Wakefield finally got 200 wins.

Now, which John Lackey are we going to see today? The one that sucks or the one that blows?

Leave a comment:

• UNH GH
    replied

My roommate's birthday is coming up, and he's a die hard Sox fan. Purchased him a Fathead for his birthday, but since he was talking about buying himself one, I gave it to him early today...

*****http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313693_2426144176722_1345077397_32868028_3297682_n .jpg******

If you're on the fence on these, BUY ONE. They are absolutely amazing, better than advertised.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It's Jimmy Fund radiothon time again.

You know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

When did smoking get banned @ Fenway? I know as long as Mrs. Yawkey was alive, you could smoke (and she was a chimney) at the park, so it had to be after she died in February, 1992.

I always thought it was soon after her death, but if the vid is 1995, and they're still puffing away, I guess I was wrong (again!).

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    A (finger)blast from the past: http://deadspin.com/5828487/in-1995-...ree+way-update

(Possibly NSFW)
    The funniest part was the guy standing next to them with the binoculars and cigarette.

So, what happens if you have a ticket to game 2 and the person who has the ticket to that seat in game 1 is still there? Now, I know it's more or less empty, but still....not sure why they couldn't call game 1 and that it has to actually end before game 2 can begin. I know they need to get these both in if they can. It's the 8th inning and the Sox are up by 7 runs. Call it so you can start the second game. You're not going to be able to get that game completely done, now you're running the risk of not being able to play the five innings to make it an actual game. And the A's might not be able to get out to Cleveland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X