Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official thread of the Michael Jackson funeral

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Has there ever been a better time to nuke the Staples Center?
    Any Lakers/Spurs game?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Any Lakers/Spurs game?
      Point taken. Rabid, stupid Michael Jackson fans and a bunch of Laker fans... its probably a wash.

I don't want Stevie Wonder incinerated anyway.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Point taken. Rabid, stupid Michael Jackson fans and a bunch of Laker fans... its probably a wash.

And I still like Jack Nicholson.
        "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Pretty much.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Q: What do Michael Jackson and Starkist Tuna have in common?

A: They both come in a small can!

No I don't care that it is tasteless it made me laugh! Plus I need to offset this MJ lovefest that has gone on since he died

I can feel the negative rep coming...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES let the hate FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW through you!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Q: What do Michael Jackson and Starkist Tuna have in common?

A: They both come in a small can!

No I don't care that it is tasteless it made me laugh! Plus I need to offset this MJ lovefest that has gone on since he died

I can feel the negative rep coming...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES let the hate FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW through you!
              Completely tasteless and exactly what I expected from you!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                A co-worker just sent me an IM:

Q: What was the last hit that Michael Jackson had?

A: The Floor.

Yes, that was tasteless, but I laughed for a good ten minutes.
                Just got a variation of this one in a text.

Q: What was Michael Jackson's last hit?

A: About 10 mg.
                "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

He was a decent wide receiver for the Browns/Ravens, but an entire thread devoted to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I need to offset this MJ lovefest that has gone on since he died
                    It's been many years since the media has had anything decent to say about him. Since his death they have idolized him. Great for ratings.

I feel bad for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                      It's been many years since the media has had anything decent to say about him. Since his death they have idolized him.
                      Wonder if they'll do the same for OJ?
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Hell yeah...a Naked Gun retrospective!! I mean really Stallworth killed a dude while high and drunk behind the wheel and got 30 days! OJ deserves a a 21 gun salute
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          You know, it wasn't too bad but then Sharpton takes the stage....what a buffoon.
                          Say what you want about MJ... he was a great artist with a tormented personal life. (Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.... or the diprivan in his system...)

BUT... when the likes of Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Wendell Anthony (local NAACP chapter) have to canonize the man for "overcoming the struggles"... it truly becomes the circus show with clowns.

Sad how supposed men of the cloth preach more about the their race overcoming racial injustices than helping all people find salvation pretty much puts it into perspective. I guess their schtick is more lucrative than actually saving souls.

Here's O'Reilly's take: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=420144&gt1=28103

He handled the MJ hypocrisy pretty well.
                          Last edited by streaker; 07-09-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X