Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday 2010: Kick, Scream, and Punch Your Way To $avings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday 2010: Kick, Scream, and Punch Your Way To $avings!

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    So your wonderful store sent out an e-mail yesterday about 25% off any single item (some exclusions may apply). I went to the site to try to buy something, couldn't figure out how to apply the 25%. Finally found the REALLY small print listing the exclusions - it would have been shorter to list what WASN'T excluded.

I clicked the feedback button and told them what BS their ad is and told them to quit sending me e-mails of BS.
    Yes, I know... We herd about this in the store yesterday from people... Just an FYI, brands like North Face, Under Armour, Burton, Nike, and Calloway are really stringent on selling their stuff at a discount... They are almost ALWAYS excluded in any promotion/coupon... It's their rules, not ours... They could possibly pull their goods from the store if we are found to be violating their rules...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Hey, nobody threw a shoe at my daughter this time, so it was a relatively calm Black Friday. (Apparently a girl did throw a scarf at her, but it just floated to the floor.)
      What sort of daughter did you raise to always have stuff being thrown at her?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Anyone seen a good deal on a low end-midrange laptop? (Ideally not from Best Buy because they suck.) My mom needs a new one and my sister and I are trying to pick one out for her.
        Techbargains is a good place to start.

Tiger Direct and Newegg always have good deals.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Yes, I know... We herd about this in the store yesterday from people... Just an FYI, brands like North Face, Under Armour, Burton, Nike, and Calloway are really stringent on selling their stuff at a discount... They are almost ALWAYS excluded in any promotion/coupon... It's their rules, not ours... They could possibly pull their goods from the store if we are found to be violating their rules...
          Understood. But after the huge list of brands they went on to exclude large classes of products, i.e. treadmills, excercise bikes, canoes, kayaks, etc., etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            Techbargains is a good place to start.

Tiger Direct and Newegg always have good deals.
            Yeah, even if you don't see anything now eventually somebody will cough up a good deal... I'm suspicious though as to whether or not any of these are true seasonal deals... but I could be wrong.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Yeah, even if you don't see anything now eventually somebody will cough up a good deal... I'm suspicious though as to whether or not any of these are true seasonal deals... but I could be wrong.
              I've gotten great deals through Newegg though they don't appear to correlate with anything like holidays -- I think they just reflect gluts / inventory flushes, etc.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                What sort of daughter did you raise to always have stuff being thrown at her?
                Just so long as they're not throwing beads, I'm OK with it.

Anyway, nobody will ever hit her. This is Redskins country.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I've gotten great deals through Newegg though they don't appear to correlate with anything like holidays -- I think they just reflect gluts / inventory flushes, etc.
                  Yah, for computer stuff I always check out Newegg and TigerDirect.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Saw on the news that spending this November was up 10% over last November. One area where spending dropped was electronics (down 5%) because the price of HDTVs dropped so much. Online spending was up almost 15%.

Comment

Working...
                    X