X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XIX- Full of Pomp-ey and Circumstance

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    That was a tweet directly from him.
    Yep, got that. Obviously it's bad news for him if he has to miss any games, I get that. Just saying, he'll think anything that causes him to miss games is bad news. My point is, from this fan's perspective, 4 weeks or so isn't that bad, considering it could have been a season ender like last year's injury was.

We'll see tomorrow I suppose.

Edit: That was pretty convoluted I guess. Main point: His definition of "not good" and ours may differ.
    Last edited by WeWantMore; 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Times LA put the ball in the net tonight: 4. Times it counted: 1. Times it should have counted: 2.

But, Revs get a 1-1 draw on the road. I'll take it.

Comment

I didn't get to see the play live, and the video online is a tad choppy, but I'm not so sure the end result of the first goal being ruled out is wrong. I think the linesman flagged Magee for offside, which was clearly wrong, but wasn't the first LA player to touch the ball offside, thus negating anything that happened afterwords?

At least that's my take from watching the mlssoccer.com video. Since everyone seems to be in agreement that the call was wrong though, I have a hunch there may have been a New England player on the line or something else that I'm missing.

Edit: Heh. Just realized the non-goal I've been scrutinizing is not the one everyone is saying was wrongly ruled out. Well then.
        Last edited by WeWantMore; 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

6 months for Holden. ****.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            I didn't get to see the play live, and the video online is a tad choppy, but I'm not so sure the end result of the first goal being ruled out is wrong. I think the linesman flagged Magee for offside, which was clearly wrong, but wasn't the first LA player to touch the ball offside, thus negating anything that happened afterwords?

At least that's my take from watching the mlssoccer.com video. Since everyone seems to be in agreement that the call was wrong though, I have a hunch there may have been a New England player on the line or something else that I'm missing.

Edit: Heh. Just realized the non-goal I've been scrutinizing is not the one everyone is saying was wrongly ruled out. Well then.
            Yeah, the first goal ruled out was the one where a foul was called for contact with Reis.

Comment

From Stu Holden:
              Thx again 4 all the well wishes, w out my fans I wld be no where. Down 2 London 4 Surgery later today and then road 2 recovery begins.
              I can promise you all I will come back stronger and better than before. Have had bad luck in the past and will continue to beat it.
              Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game

Comment

Stinks that Holden is out for 6 months. At least Evans apologized.

Gers get the 1st silverware in Scotland by beating Old Firm rival, Celtic 2-1 in the League Cup.

Plus, I'd like to thank West Brom for their wonderful draw v. the Gunners.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

ManU's parent company loses 104.6 million pounds for the fiscal year ending in June 2010, with debt rising to 590 million pounds. Ouch. They make Chelski seem almost thrifty by comparison.

http://http://www.guardian.co.uk/foo...cord-loss-debt
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    ManU's parent company loses 104.6 million pounds for the fiscal year ending in June 2010, with debt rising to 590 million pounds. Ouch. They make Chelski seem almost thrifty by comparison.

http://http://www.guardian.co.uk/foo...cord-loss-debt
                    But at least we aren't involved in organized crime like Chelski.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

This is allegedly the red kit the US will be debuting this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                        This is allegedly the red kit the US will be debuting this Saturday.
                        Since when did we raid T&T's wardrobe?

Comment

Working...
                        X