What's Going On Here? (USCHO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Going On Here? (USCHO)

Before the upgrade, the record for visits at one time was around 1700. Now we're in the 7000s and setting new records every few minutes. Is there some problem with the counter, or is there something directing lots and lots of people to USCHO?
    Fighting Sioux Forever

Re: What's Going On Here? (USCHO)

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    Before the upgrade, the record for visits at one time was around 1700. Now we're in the 7000s and setting new records every few minutes. Is there some problem with the counter, or is there something directing lots and lots of people to USCHO?
    Board needs an excorcism!

Comment

It's been discussed that the board is testing the limits to see why the board is so slow on Fridays and Saturdays. Or something like that.

Comment

Must be all those new PSU fans.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Must be all those new PSU fans.
          It's the effect of the inevitable Big Ten Hockey Conference....
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            It's the effect of the inevitable Big Ten Hockey Conference....
            Does this mean we will have some posters die off?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Does this mean we will have some posters die off?
              Booo! I was waiting for you to post a picture of Gwoz and say Hey Hey Hey! What is going on here?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Booo! I was waiting for you to post a picture of Gwoz and say Hey Hey Hey! What is going on here?
                How about this?

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNb6lV3eqtU?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNb6lV3eqtU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  How about this?

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNb6lV3eqtU?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNb6lV3eqtU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                  That'll do pig, that'll do.
                  Originally posted by solovsfett
                  To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Actually it was 1312.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    It's been discussed that the board is testing the limits to see why the board is so slow on Fridays and Saturdays. Or something like that.
                    That's what I originally thought. It now seems more likely that something is wrong with the software, and it isn't noticing when people are not looking at the boards. There is no way that so many members, who are listed, are around this time of night.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Actually it was 1312.

That's what I originally thought. It now seems more likely that something is wrong with the software, and it isn't noticing when people are not looking at the boards. There is no way that so many members, who are listed, are around this time of night.
                      Yay for "upgrades!"

I thought it was a test, too, given the number of guests. Either that, or some bots have made their way into the system.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Yay for "upgrades!"

I thought it was a test, too, given the number of guests. Either that, or some bots have made their way into the system.
                        If it was only visitors I would believe it was bots, but there are so many members listed that it seems more likely that it isn't taking in to account when people leave.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

10k+ "people" viewing now.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            If it was only visitors I would believe it was bots, but there are so many members listed that it seems more likely that it isn't taking in to account when people leave.
                            possibly if you say 'remember me' it not only remembers but keeps you 'logged in'. Either way, it is nice to be remembered.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              possibly if you say 'remember me' it not only remembers but keeps you 'logged in'. Either way, it is nice to be remembered.
                              Maybe USCHO is trying to pad their stats for advertising purposes.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X