• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cloud
    replied
    Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Hooray for you.

I'm glad I come here, as I do need to remind myself from time to time what despicable people Yankee fans tend to be. Gone when they're losing. Nowhere to be found! Yet here they are, waiving their pompoms like nobody's business when their small-market-team-destroying payrolls finally start winning something.
    Please, continue, this is awesome. I want to hear more.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

Clearly we have different definitions of "cute".

edit: ok, this was in response to a post that's no longer there.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

Hooray for you.

I'm glad I come here, as I do need to remind myself from time to time what despicable people Yankee fans tend to be. Gone when they're losing. Nowhere to be found! Yet here they are, waiving their pompoms like nobody's business when their small-market-team-destroying payrolls finally start winning something.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Well right, but I wasn't sure which entity you were trying to make fun of. Of course NESN would be Sox-biased, they're more than half owned by them. You going to tell me that YES isn't Yankees-biased?

And as for ESPN... come on. I'm not going to get into this argument because it's only slightly less productive than masturbating with a cheese grater, but seriously. You are going to use the fact that one of their personalities got carried away after a 4-game winning streak just before the playoffs that the entire network is biased against the team with the biggest fanbase in baseball? Really? You going to do that? Because no one on ESPN ever overreacts to irrelevant situations. Nope. It's totally an example of wholesale, systemic bias.
    I admit it, I laughed at the naivete in this post.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

Well right, but I wasn't sure which entity you were trying to make fun of. Of course NESN would be Sox-biased, they're more than half owned by them. You going to tell me that YES isn't Yankees-biased?

And as for ESPN... come on. I'm not going to get into this argument because it's only slightly less productive than masturbating with a cheese grater, but seriously. You are going to use the fact that one of their personalities got carried away after a 4-game winning streak just before the playoffs that the entire network is biased against the team with the biggest fanbase in baseball? Really? You going to do that? Because no one on ESPN ever overreacts to irrelevant situations. Nope. It's totally an example of wholesale, systemic bias.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Loving this Sox strategy. They have everyone right where they want them, and now is the time to strike.

This is, quite literally, a team with no weaknesses. At all.

/NESPN circa last week
    I think someone accidentally wrote Boston instead of Favre on the teleprompter.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

NESPN?
    It can't be that hard to figure out.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

NESPN?

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Loving this Sox strategy. They have everyone right where they want them, and now is the time to strike.

This is, quite literally, a team with no weaknesses. At all.

/NESPN circa last week

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

I'm still rooting for the Angels. Well, not so much "rooting", more "wanting to lose less".

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    With the intelligent of Adolfo and the rationality of the Chili Guy.

I think I now hate the Angels more than the Yankees. And I can't believe I'm typing that.
    Okay, I'm not actually going to assault Dandy Don. Calming down now... calming down...
    Something Yankees and Sox fans can agree on: Hating the Angels.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Exactly my point. When your entire fanbases are made up of the Toucher & Rich "Ask a Pinkhat" demographic...
    With the intelligent of Adolfo and the rationality of the Chili Guy.

I think I now hate the Angels more than the Yankees. And I can't believe I'm typing that.
    Okay, I'm not actually going to assault Dandy Don. Calming down now... calming down...

Leave a comment:

• amherstblackbear
    replied

Crushing failure is so much easier to take these days than it used to be.

I credit this guy:
    *****http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0324/ncaa_w_whitehead_195.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    It doesn't get better with Buck and McCarver in the late rounds.
    Yes, it does, and that's what's sad.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Because Papelbohn would actually be able to defend himself?
    I hate TBS baseball games with the power of a thousand suns. The ony redeeming factor is Craig Sager's wardrobe.

The early rounds need to have the Red Sox broadcasting team. I'm sick of the national ****bags.
    It doesn't get better with Buck and McCarver in the late rounds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X