2009 MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

I don't know how Tito hasn't gotten ejected yet.

I don't even know what to say. I hope Bucknor gets a bat to the face at some point tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      CB Bucknor is an absolute joke.
      I need to go to bed soon. Next I'll be agreeing with Red Cloud.

Gibber- Youk seems like a good candidate, no?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

And MLB is a joke for letting this guy make calls in the playoffs.

Guy is graded poorly every year yet MLB for whatever reason isn't a meritocracy.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
          I don't know how Tito hasn't gotten ejected yet.

I don't even know what to say. I hope Bucknor gets a bat to the face at some point tonight.
          I read he was sick - food poisoning.

I'd be more upset if Boston were showing any signs of life at the plate. But at this rate, Bucknor won't matter.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            He's always bad. No excuses for MLB. He's awful year in and year out.

From wiki.

In a 2003 Sports Illustrated survey given to current major league players, Bucknor was voted as the league's worst umpire, with 20.7% of the vote.[2]

In an updated 2006 Sports Illustrated survey given to current major league players, Bucknor was again voted the league's worst umpire, with 21% of the vote.[3] In 2008, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports also called him the worst umpire.[4]
            In MLB's language that means "OMG here, please umpire in the playoffs."

Bucknor shouldn't be in charge of a concessions stand.
            Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 10-08-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

I'd be more upset if Boston were showing any signs of life at the plate. But at this rate, Bucknor won't matter.
              Sucknor already has mattered, making Lester throw 25-30 more pitches, and having different batters up in different situations. And Blow West hasn't been any better behind the plate.

Comment

But Lester had to throw about 20 more pitches due to Bucknor's incompetence. So who knows what would have happened.

It could still be 0-0.

Comment

He's always bad. No excuses for MLB. He's awful year in and year out.

From wiki.
                  I was responding to Gibber. Francona supposedly was suffering from food poisoning before the game.

And yeah, Lester has had to record about 21 outs to get through 6 innings. Which sucks, but if Boston gets shut out...
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

How about a poll, who has had a worse game, CB Bucknor, or Papi.

Comment

Boston looks so bad at the plate, I'm already looking to game 2.

If Beckett doesn't win, this thing isn't going back to Anaheim. I don't care what Boston's home record is.

Like I said, no pressure.

Comment

No one in a gray jersey holding a bat is doing anything right now.
                        Lackey isn't this ****ing good.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

CB Bucknor is an absolute joke.
                          No one cares.

And if they did, they got it the first time you complained about him. Or the 2nd. Or the 3rd.

if you're so upset about this and think it's so easy, why don't you go get licensed and umpire some games? Or would you not be able to see over the catcher?

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                            No one cares.
                            I care. I just care more about Boston mailing this one in.

Comment

No one cares.

And if they did, they got it the first time you complained about him. Or the 2nd. Or the 3rd.

if you're so upset about this and think it's so easy, why don't you go get licensed and umpire some games? Or would you not be able to see over the catcher?
                              If you want to play the Angels in the next round, have fun with that. I can see GLM making fun of you from here...

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

No one cares.

If you want to stoop to insults about my height, I can get personal with my insults as well. If you really want to go there.

Comment

Working...
                                X