Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Buck and McCarver spent all of Game 2 trying to make a mountain out of a molehill about Pedro, meanwhile conveniently ignoring the game A.J. Burnett was throwing. When Burnett struck out his ninth batter in the 7th, Buck finally, begrudgingly started to compliment the job he'd done.

But Burnett isn't a storyline, Pedro is. What the f-ck ever. It kills me that we're blessed with such idiocy on Fox, TBS, and ESPN.
    did anyone else like the "pedro is so smart, even not on the mound..... AND THERE'S A DRIVE BY TEX-SHARE-AH!!!"
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Buck and McCarver spent all of Game 2 trying to make a mountain out of a molehill about Pedro, meanwhile conveniently ignoring the game A.J. Burnett was throwing. When Burnett struck out his ninth batter in the 7th, Buck finally, begrudgingly started to compliment the job he'd done.

But Burnett isn't a storyline, Pedro is. What the f-ck ever. It kills me that we're blessed with such idiocy on Fox, TBS, and ESPN.
      I really think they should have a guy from the Phillies booth, a guy from the Yankees booth and Craig Sager's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and not use Buck and McCarver for anything more than target practice...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I really think they should have a guy from the Phillies booth, a guy from the Yankees booth and Craig Sager's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and not use Buck and McCarver for anything more than target practice...
        I *thought* TBS did that for the play-in game between the Twins and Tigers, though I may be confusing it with something else, like the Red Wings games in Sweden.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          I *thought* TBS did that for the play-in game between the Twins and Tigers, though I may be confusing it with something else, like the Red Wings games in Sweden.
          Although TBS' aura of suck is so great that I started hating Don Orsillo at the end of the Sox/Angels series. Possibly because I was so enraged that I confused him with Papelbon. I'm sorry Don. But that was one too many games without Remy...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They used Caray and Darling for the Twins/Tigers game.

Comment

So this is a surprise, Cliff Lee won't start Game 4 on short rest but will pitch Game 5 and obviously won't be available for Game 7.

Guess that statsnerd Charlie Manuel forgot about pitch counts, letting Lee run it up to 122. Or maybe that was always his plan. If it was his plan to give Lee Games 1 and Games 5...then he's not maximizing Lee.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                So this is a surprise, Cliff Lee won't start Game 4 on short rest but will pitch Game 5 and obviously won't be available for Game 7.

Guess that statsnerd Charlie Manuel forgot about pitch counts, letting Lee run it up to 122. Or maybe that was always his plan. If it was his plan to give Lee Games 1 and Games 5...then he's not maximizing Lee.
                You obviously are overlooking one key thing. Manual knows his team will sweep at home, so Game 5 will be the last game of the series, thus maximizing Lee.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

1. Everyone's available on some level for a game 7 World Series

2. Lee's never gone on short rest, from what I heard this morning.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

1. Everyone's available on some level for a game 7 World Series

2. Lee's never gone on short rest, from what I heard this morning.
                    1. I doubt he's going to pitch on 2 days rest, but you're right we might see him for an inning if we see a Game 7.
                    2. Well now's a good time to start, so having him pitch a meaningless ninth inning doesn't make much sense now.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

1. I doubt he's going to pitch on 2 days rest, but you're right we might see him for an inning if we see a Game 7.
                      2. Well now's a good time to start, so having him pitch a meaningless ninth inning doesn't make much sense now.
                      Game 7 would essentially be his bullpen throw day anyways, so he'd be available for an inning or 2, possibly 3 max.

Comment

game 3 of the '69 WS is on mlb network right now.

i must admit i find the suitcoats and ties appealing attire.

Comment

Wait... WHAT?
                          Cornell University Men's Hockey
                          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                            did you even blink an eye?!?!

Comment

CC goes on short rest Sunday for the Yanks vs. Blanton.

Comment

Rain in Philly, delayed as of right now, but they say the game will start, and will finish tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X