Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I would be too even if my team had a 6 run lead.
    It's much less painless death when you retire the side in order in the eighth. But that just wouldn't be the Philly way.

10-4 on the wild pitch.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

It happens all the time at every stadium.
      Oh I know. It's far more important to get a five dollar baseball then to let it go and help your team win.
      Let's go Cats!!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

After Ruiz and Stairs go down in order, Jimmy Rollins reaches on a base hit up the middle. He goes to third on Shane Victorinos double, and reaches home on a wild pitch. Three more outs and the Phils go back to the World Series.

Phillies 10 - Dodgers 4
        Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Please beat the Yankees. I am rooting for you!

Plus back to back would be pretty outstanding.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Brad Lidge comes in and retires the side and the Philadelphia Phillies are the National League Champions for 2009!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! LETS----GO----PHILLIES!!!

Final score:

Phillies 10 - Dodgers 4
            Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

I don't know what the AL Champion trophy looks like, but the NL one looks dumb.
              2005 Crowder Award Winner
              Charter Member of the "Ask a Yankee Fan" Thread

"hey safety school, think of it this way. BC girls wear superfan shirts because they wear them tight and look hot. BU girls wear jersies and face paint to cover up their fat, ugly bodies. quite frankly, i wear my jersies to games and I enjoy seeing the girls who don't." - SteveF

"Giants Stadium...you thought I was never comin' back!?!" - #92 Michael Strahan

GIANTS!
              2008 NFC East Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NUJerseyJohn View Post
                I don't know what the AL Champion trophy looks like, but the NL one looks dumb.
                As a general principle I agree with you, but as a Phillies fan it looks pretty sweet to me .
                Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Did they play that part of the song over the PA system? I was listening to the song the other day and realized that part would be perfect.

Phils-Yanks would/will be a very good matchup, as a Phillies fan I'm impressed with the runs we've been driving in, but Rockie/Dodger pitching was quite erratic, lots of walks, wild pitches, hit batsmen. The Yankee pitching will be much tougher, and after Cliff Lee and maybe Pedro based on his only start in a month, the starters for the Phillies are a question mark. At least the bullpen looks good now.
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                    Did they play that part of the song over the PA system? I was listening to the song the other day and realized that part would be perfect.

Phils-Yanks would/will be a very good matchup, as a Phillies fan I'm impressed with the runs we've been driving in, but Rockie/Dodger pitching was quite erratic, lots of walks, wild pitches, hit batsmen. The Yankee pitching will be much tougher, and after Cliff Lee and maybe Pedro based on his only start in a month, the starters for the Phillies are a question mark. At least the bullpen looks good now.
                    Agreed on all points. I was really hoping for Hamels to have a break out game tonight, but it was quite apparent he is still struggling. Dubee has to take Cole by the shoulders and tell him that whatever Ruiz calls, that's the pitch. Every time he shook Carlos off tonight, the pitch wound up being deposited into the seats. The other huge bright spot has been Brad Lidge. Whatever issues he was having in the RS, he appears to be over them now. He's 3 for 3 in save oppurtunities and hasn't given up a run so far in the post season. Of course Lidge is always one hanging slider from going back into a huge slump, so I won't breathe easy with him just yet. I have a feeling if we are going to win this thing it will have to be because of our bats, not our pitching.
                    Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

ALCS game 5 is underway. Lackey gets through the first without any damage.
                      Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                        Yes they did which is why I posted that.

4-0 Angels. No outs. Bot 1. Angels are hitting EVERYTHING. Seems like nothing but breaking balls.

While I did this post it went from 3 to 4. I will be surprised if they get another one here too.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'd say that Burnett has looked awful but they haven't been bad pitches. The Angels are just going down and getting good wood on pitches that are down in the zone.
                          Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

4-0 Angels. No outs. Bot 1. Angels are hitting EVERYTHING. Seems like nothing but breaking balls.
                            I thought that too, then I realized they weren't breaking.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I thought that too, then I realized they weren't breaking.
                              Thats what the tv said!
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Thats what the tv said!
                                I'll take your word for it, I have these numbnuts on mute.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X