2009 MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

And Abreu comes through, again, with an RBI double.

Finally, someone with a brain decides not to pitch to Hunter. Bases loaded, hackin' Vlad Guerrero at the plate. 2 RBI single, and the Angels take the lead.

Towel thrown.
    Last edited by amherstblackbear; 10-11-2009, 02:46 PM.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Well, that was just awesome. And totally not surprising.

Comment

Well, that sucked.

It's going to be fun to watch the Angels get bludgeoned in the next round. How I hate them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

At least if the Twins get closed out tonight, I can say that 2 teams went out in front of them...
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So, if the Angels meet the Dodgers in the World Series, will anyone east of the Mississippi actually see the games? Because they'll all be on so late.

Comment

Go Bruins?

I'm going to hang myself.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                So, if the Angels meet the Dodgers in the World Series, will anyone east of the Mississippi actually see the games? Because they'll all be on so late.
                Would not a better question be would anyone east or west of the Mississippi care?

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  At least if the Twins get closed out tonight, I can say that 2 teams went out in front of them...
                  There we go.

Papelbon has been putting people on base all season. And of course, it would catch up with him now. TBS is ecstatic, they've been wearing their Angels PJ's all week. I'm going to personally kick Orsillo in the crotch if I ever see him... (someone must pay. I hope Remy dope slaps him in April)
                  Last edited by Jon; 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    Would not a better question be would anyone east or west of the Mississippi care?
                    No one in LA will care.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      There we go.

Papelbon has been putting people on base all season. And of course, it would catch up with him now. TBS is ecstatic, they've been wearing their Angels PJ's all week. I'm going to personally kick Orsillo in the crotch if I ever see him...
                      What's with the disgust for the announcers Jon? Your ire should be directed towards the ones wearing the scarlet hose my friend.

Well, it was nice of them to end it time for the Pats game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        What's with the disgust for the announcers Jon? Your ire should be directed towards the ones wearing the scarlet hose my friend.

Well, it was nice of them to end it time for the Pats game.
                        Because Papelbohn would actually be able to defend himself?
                        I hate TBS baseball games with the power of a thousand suns. The ony redeeming factor is Craig Sager's wardrobe.

The early rounds need to have the Red Sox broadcasting team. I'm sick of the national ****bags.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

No one in LA will care.
                          Exactly my point. When your entire fanbases are made up of the Toucher & Rich "Ask a Pinkhat" demographic...

Comment

Because Papelbohn would actually be able to defend himself?
                            I hate TBS baseball games with the power of a thousand suns. The ony redeeming factor is Craig Sager's wardrobe.

The early rounds need to have the Red Sox broadcasting team. I'm sick of the national ****bags.
                            It doesn't get better with Buck and McCarver in the late rounds.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              It doesn't get better with Buck and McCarver in the late rounds.
                              Yes, it does, and that's what's sad.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Crushing failure is so much easier to take these days than it used to be.

I credit this guy:
                                *****http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0324/ncaa_w_whitehead_195.jpg******
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X