• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JW Tigers
    replied
    Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
    The reason this series was so close is cuz the Rockies have pretty much the same team as the Phillies. If they get themselves a decent closer they will be back in the WS before too long. That is a very good team. This has to go down as one of the great Division Series of all time. Great games, and congrats to the Rockies (my other favourite team), on a great season.
    The closer was not a problem until last night, which is the most frustrating part about this. Huston Street had a fantastic season and unfortunately sucked at the wrong time. Also, Manny Corpas was out for nearly the whole season, and he was the original closer going into the year. So I think in either case (Corpas or Street), the closer spot will be fine. The Rockies have some great pieces in place, have been in the playoffs for 2 of the last 3 years now, and I have to say that I feel good about the future of this franchise, especially knowing that Jeff Francis and Manny Corpas should be healthy for opening day next year. This has been a great season, and an incredible NLDS. But that said, I will be dwelling on tonight's loss for a LONG time. This one simply hurts.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

The reason this series was so close is cuz the Rockies have pretty much the same team as the Phillies. If they get themselves a decent closer they will be back in the WS before too long. That is a very good team. This has to go down as one of the great Division Series of all time. Great games, and congrats to the Rockies (my other favourite team), on a great season.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

LIDGE STRIKES OUT TULOWITZKI FOR HIS SECOND SAVE IN TWO NIGHTS!!!

With that the Phillies win the NLDS and will go to the NLCS to face the Dodgers!!

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Phillies advance. 3 games to 1.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Repeat of last night as Tulo comes to the dish to face Lidge with 2 out and runners on first and second.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Gonzalez fell going around second base, and Victorino was conceding third base.

Might be a big break for the Phillies.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Helton hits one up the middle, and it's runners on first and second with 2 outs. Lidge coming in to do what Brad Lidge does.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Fowler lines out to Rollins for the second out. Helton at the plate with Gonzalez on first.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    When they're smarter than you and know what's going to happen.
    Ah I'm a dumb Canadian, we don't do anything normal

Gonzalez dumps one into left. One on, one out with Fowler at the plate. Scott Eyre is pitching.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Gonzales is hitting for himself and carrying the carcass that is Clint Barmes too.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Rollins gets Young on a close play at first. One out.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
    You're a Mets fan, when do I ever listen to Mets fans .

Not sure why they need to wait till the ninth inning for the clutch hitting, but hey I'll take it. 5-4 Phils now.
    When they're smarter than you and know what's going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Phils score 3 in the ninth and take a 5-4 lead. Gas can Lidge no doubt coming in to blow the save.....err I mean try and close this one out.

Leave a comment:

• gounhwildcats
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I am dismayed by the lack of Jonathan Papelbon references/jokes in the last five minutes.
    The JP references/jokes are on stand by until Lidge comes in in the bottom of the ninth.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

I am dismayed by the lack of Jonathan Papelbon references/jokes in the last five minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X