2009 MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

That throw was amazing. If it was cut off there's no chance they would have had him. They should have had no shot at the runner at all but he made it look close with an absolute cannon.

Hats off to Hairston Jr. for making anything out of that.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Can you believe the arrogance of Girardi going to Aceves in the 11th? He's such a tool. Glad that bit him in the ***.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Papelbon'd
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Oh for ****'s sake. I think the only way this baseball season could get any worse would be if MLB came up with some way for the Yankees and the Phillies to both win the World Series.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

It's like every closer in the league has displayed the yellow streak down his trousers at some point or another this month.

Oh wait, not every closer.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Jimmy Freaking Rollins. I love that little guy!! Woohoo!! LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!
              Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
              2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

There's some impressively poor officiating going on tonight. Appears it won't matter since the Angels couldn't hit Sabathia with a tree trunk.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  There's some impressively poor officiating going on tonight. Appears it won't matter since the Angels couldn't hit Sabathia with a tree trunk.
                  Mind-blowing. I can't believe people can screw up baseball this badly.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    Mind-blowing. I can't believe people can screw up baseball this badly.
                    How does the third-base umpire make that call that Swisher left early? And by that I mean, forget how it was wrong, but how does he see both the runner's foot and the outfielder's glove at the same time? It's not like at first where the umpire can watch the glove and listen for the runner's foot, or vice versa.
                    2005 Crowder Award Winner
                    Charter Member of the "Ask a Yankee Fan" Thread

"hey safety school, think of it this way. BC girls wear superfan shirts because they wear them tight and look hot. BU girls wear jersies and face paint to cover up their fat, ugly bodies. quite frankly, i wear my jersies to games and I enjoy seeing the girls who don't." - SteveF

"Giants Stadium...you thought I was never comin' back!?!" - #92 Michael Strahan

GIANTS!
                    2008 NFC East Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NUJerseyJohn View Post
                      How does the third-base umpire make that call that Swisher left early? And by that I mean, forget how it was wrong, but how does he see both the runner's foot and the outfielder's glove at the same time? It's not like at first where the umpire can watch the glove and listen for the runner's foot, or vice versa.
                      I figure he finally realized he screwed that one up and decided to "cancel" it out with whatever the hell that was with two Yankees chilling out off of 3rd base.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        I figure he finally realized he screwed that one up and decided to "cancel" it out with whatever the hell that was with two Yankees chilling out off of 3rd base.
                        Well they screwed up Swisher being picked off of second initially (called him safe, he was clearly out). Then made up for that by saying he left early from third on a sac fly attempt, the Angels challeneged it, called him out by tagging the base afterwards even though the third base umpire making the call wasn't even watching Swisher.

The play with Posada and Cano at third makes no sense at all, they should've both been out but I can sort of understand if he thought it was a play where both guys were standing on the base and the "lead" runner gets called out... Except both guys are off the base and were tagged.

Just stupid.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Top one: Andre Ethier makes it 1-0 Dodger's on a 1-2 fastball.

Bottom one: After retiring the first 2 Phillies, Padilla walks Chase Utley and then pitches around Ryan Howard. With the count 3-2 Jayson Werth crushes a fastball to right to make it 3-1 Phillies.
                          Let's go Cats!!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

The Yankmees might have the O to match Philly. Will be interesting to see the pitching matchups. Yes, I've conceded LAD and LAA.

Comment

Top 2: Once again Cole gets ahead 1-2 and once again he throws a room service fastball. This time to James Loney who goes deep to make it 3-2 Phils.

Bottom 2: Lead off man Pedro Feliz takes the first pitch he sees to right to restore the Phillies 4-2 lead.

It's a warm night in Philly and the ball really seems to be flying off the bat. All 4 HR's hit tonight have been to right field.
                              Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Both pitchers go three up three down in the third. Score remains 4-2 Phillies.
                                Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X