2009 MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Playoffs

Well...we have 3 outs to get at least 3 runs against Rivera. Any baseball magic left...now would be the time to use it, Metrodome...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

the opening day payrolls of the last 9 world series champions. care to guess which 2 are boston?

$ 98,269,880
      $143,026,214
      $ 88,891,371
      $ 75,178,000
      $127,298,500
      $ 45,050,000
      $ 61,721,667
      $ 85,508,000
      $107,588,459
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Is this just a cool factoid,or is there a deeper point here?

Not being sarcastic. Just curious where you're going with this...
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
          Is this just a cool factoid,or is there a deeper point here?

Not being sarcastic. Just curious where you're going with this...
          Everyone's taking turns shooting cannonballs in Swansong's complaints. I think that's what is going on here.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I guess I haven't been following along closely enough.

Carry on, then...
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              I'd say my point has been, and continues to, be made for me. Thanks for playing along guys.
              I want to hear more about the point, though!
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Really good play by the Rockies catcher on the 1-2-3 DP, I would have stepped on the bat, thrown the ball into right, and broken my ankle.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                You're a weird bird. You're completely contradicting yourself now.
                For the record, I'm a weird bird, he's just weird.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  For the record, I'm a weird bird, he's just weird.
                  Old is the new weird?

R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Another blown call, and a good argument for 2 blown calls there. Ball appeared to bounce off Utley in the box, then it looked like Helton slid his toe across the base on the throw.

6-5 Philly now.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      You can't be serious. Rimbaud is a gay hippy.
                      FYP.

My only hope for the next series is that Joba beans Napoli in the head.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Red Sox and Yankee fans united over hating the Angels? That's an unholy alliance if I ever saw one. Jon, I know how you feel about potentially hating the Angels more than the Yankees right now. Many times in the last three or four seasons I've experienced a similar sensation vis a vis the Red Sox.

For the record, I was hoping Boston won that series, but as a Yankee fan I couldn't help myself but giggle like a schoolgirl at the 9th inning. Sorry. Papelbon just acted like a dick in the Bronx one too many times.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Holy crap, I guess that makes two things we can agree on, then.

Papelbon's been way too full of himself for a long time, now. He can get away with pacing forever, and trying to stare down batters when he faces the Clevelands and Baltimores of the world. But NY and Anaheim aren't buying it.

Comment

Saw this posted on another board and laughed. And would have shelled out money for an actual paper if it had happened:

If there were any women newspaper editors (or headline subeditors), who could doubt that the back page in Boston today would read "Pap Smeared"? No man would ever come up with that, and it needs to happen.
                            So, the next round doesn't start til Friday???? That seems like a ridiculously long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                              Holy crap, I guess that makes two things we can agree on, then.

Papelbon's been way too full of himself for a long time, now. He can get away with pacing forever, and trying to stare down batters when he faces the Clevelands and Baltimores of the world. But NY and Anaheim aren't buying it.
                              Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Red Sox and Yankee fans united over hating the Angels? That's an unholy alliance if I ever saw one. Jon, I know how you feel about potentially hating the Angels more than the Yankees right now. Many times in the last three or four seasons I've experienced a similar sensation vis a vis the Red Sox.
                              He's a good reliever, but he's also kind of a stupid redneck. And the Pink Hats love him... He's not the new Calvin Schiraldi, but had 2004 and 2007 not happened, we would be up there with Galehouse, Torres, Buckner, Grady, et al... Seeing the local media turn on him and Tom Brady this morning has been bizarre. Next I'll be seeing "Larry Bird is a communist" and "Bobby Orr eats kittens" on the back of the Herald.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Thankfully, I'm sheltered from that stuff by about 900 miles.

I don't want to lynch Papelbon. I just don't want to buy into the mythology.

Foulke was huge in 04. But when the team realized he had peaked, they weren't sentimental about it. I'm not saying Papelbon is through like Foulke was - but he's not God's gift to RS Nation.

Comment

Working...
                                X