Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 Milwaukee Brewers off-season: Got pitching? Cause we don't....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Milwaukee Brewers off-season: Got pitching? Cause we don't....

This is the most excited I've been for a baseball season in quite a while, weird.
    First spring training game Thursday!

Comment

Corey Hart is going to wear goggles. Turns out he's near-sighted.. Weird that he just figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        Corey Hart is going to wear goggles. Turns out he's near-sighted.. Weird that he just figured it out.
        Awesome. Now he'll get a better look at the sharp breaking sliders that his long looping swing just doesn't handle well.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
          Awesome. Now he'll get a better look at the sharp breaking sliders that his long looping swing just doesn't handle well.
          Blashphemy!!! New Jesus is going to have a ressurection this year!!! Mark my words!!!
          "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
            Only being able to see objects well that were near to him does explain why he couldn't hit sliders in the other batter's box, what with it being all the way over there.
            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
            sigpic
            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
              Blashphemy!!! New Jesus is going to have a ressurection this year!!! Mark my words!!!
              I'll gladly break out a Rosary and say a few Hail Marys and Our Fathers in October if he smacks me for this one.

The snow peeling back as temps regularly approach 40. The Brewers back on the field. It just feels right.

Comment

Here's the Brewers spring broadcast schedule - http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/new...=.jsp&c_id=mil

FSN will have the following games:
                Monday, March 8 vs. Seattle
                Monday, March 15 vs. Cleveland
                Saturday, March 27 vs. Texas

not that spring training baseball is ridiculously exciting, but I always enjoy video/photographic proof that baseball is just around the corner. One month and one day until Opening Day!

Comment

Barry Zito hit Prince Fielder today - more http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/86387992.html

seriously? nailing a guy in the first spring training game for something that happened last season? wow.

I am still waiting for Prince to have an opportunity to charge the mound. It MUST happen - someday.
                  Last edited by jen; 03-04-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Here's a hint Giants. If you want to get back at someone, don't have Barry I struggle to break 88 on the gun Zito throwing at someone. That's what Lincecum is for.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Zito's pitch obviously helped Prince learn his lesson.

I asked Prince if he thought the celebration was worth taking one in the back.

"Hell yeah," Fielder said. "That's something I did with me and my teammates. It has nothing to do with them.

"You're **** right it was worth it."
                      Last edited by jen; 03-04-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Hey Brewer fans,

Couple of things here. As for Zito.... Bush. Simply Bush.

Secondly, af for Corey Hart's eye wear choice..... Lets hope he can channel his inner Chris Sabo....

Good to see that actual baseball is actually being played.....

Rory signing off.....

Comment

A penalty of getting hit by Zito is like getting a small fine for murder. If this means the issue is done then I'm glad we can all move on even though most of us already did. If a team had done that to the Brewers I'd probably just shake my head thinking it was stupid and forget about it by the next day.

Comment

today's jsonline poll: What Does Chuckie Do on 2-0?

Comment

Nice article about Prince and the Hebrew Hammer
                              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Bump this.

Manny looked pretty good on Sunday. I liked that Macha and Peterson decided Parra wasn't throwing enough changeups, so they told him to get his butt out there for another inning and do it and he did it to the successful tone of a quick 10 pitch inning. If they are listening to Peterson I'm loving it. I've gotten the sense that some of the guys haven't always done as told with some of the nibbling we've seen.

I'm liking some of the pop we've seen out of Escobar in our limited time. I know it was one of the concerns in losing both JJ and Cam this offseason and replacing them with Escobar and Gomez.

Comment

Working...
                                X