Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 Milwaukee Brewers off-season: Got pitching? Cause we don't....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2010 Milwaukee Brewers off-season: Got pitching? Cause we don't....

Well.....may as well start this now
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: 2009-2010 Milwaukee Brewers off-season: Got pitching? Cause we don't....

Continuing my surgery list from the previous thread add Counsell the list. Another clean out procedure on the right knee

Also Escobar will still be considered a rookie next year, possible rookie of the year honors if he plays the way he did this year and the team contends in september?
    Last edited by Painted_Bandit; 10-06-2009, 03:31 PM.
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy
    Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Post-season press conference today at Miller Park - http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/63698737.html

to summarize:
      - they are not trading Ryan or Prince
      - they ARE trading Hardy (or Escobar.. unlikely)
      - Rickie is the second baseman
      - McGehee is probably the third baseman
      - Gamel is NOT going to the outfield
      - they want to get 2 starting pitchers

of course, this could all change by April.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that there are two good pitchers signed for next season... Hoffman and Yo.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I like Lopez a lot more than Weeks. Better average and on base %, plus he's a switch hitter. He'd probably cost more than Weeks, but all they need is someone to get on all the time ahead of Prince and Braun. Escobar-Lopez-Braun-Feilder is a great top of the line-up. That being said, I know Melvin is in love with Week's power, therefore he's not going anywhere. Where will Weeks bat? 2nd?

I seriously doubt they will upgrade the pitching enough to contend next year. Hardy and Hart have poor trade value. Gamel is the only guy who you might get something for.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

2009 player grades from jsonline: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/63895417.html

highlights - A+: Trevor, Prince

Lowest grade goes to Suppan.. D-. Quite a few Ds though.

team grades - http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/63897402.html

Nobody got an F. I bet if they had graded Jorge Julio, he would've gotten an F.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              Lowest grade goes to Suppan.. D-. Quite a few Ds though.
              Nobody got an F. I bet if they had graded Jorge Julio, he would've gotten an F.
              It would be interesting if they based grades on those "alternative" schools where grades are smiley faces and frowny faces. I think Suppan may have gotten a middle finger for a grade, and Julio's grade would probably have been a light bulb. Cause he got lit up. Get it, Cubs fans?
              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                It would be interesting if they based grades on those "alternative" schools where grades are smiley faces and frowny faces. I think Suppan may have gotten a middle finger for a grade, and Julio's grade would probably have been a light bulb. Cause he got lit up. Get it, Cubs fans?
                *****http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hat-fail.jpg******
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Here is an option for improving the pitching. We need to convince Tony LaRussa to hang it up in St. Louis, although I'd be surprised if he did. It could free up Dave Duncan.
                  Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                  2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                  2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                  Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Rick Peterson named pitching coach - http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/64873697.html

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      Rick Peterson named pitching coach - http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/64873697.html
                      Anyone else have the initial reaction of "Who the hell is Rick Peterson?"

Hard to tell what kind of legs this would have, but the first major rumor I've heard involving the Brewers would be getting Zach Greinke and a couple of minor leaguers from KC for JJ Hardy, Angel Solome, Mat Gamel, and Manny Parra. If the minor leaguers have any kind of ceiling I would do this deal. JJ most certainly is gone, Solome isn't even the best catching prospect in the organization anymore and he has really leveled off in the high minors, Gamel is a man without a position who appears not to be on the same page as Brewers' brass, and Parra has the stuff to be a #2 in this league but I don't know if he'll ever get the mental part down.

Comment

That sounds like a really weak offer for the best young pitcher in baseball.

Also, how the heck can you act like you know baseball and not know who Rick Peterson is? The dude was the supposed guru for Zito, Hudson and Mulder and then became the Mets pitching coach and was infamous for saying he could fix Victor Zambrano in 5 minutes (forgetting there was a damaged elbow ligament there.)

Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

My reaction was more in jest as I was hoping things played out well for the Brewers in relation to David Duncan in St. Louis. Unfortunately for Peterson he won't have young Zito, Hudson, Mulder at the top of this rotation. I can say Duncan can make something of guys like Suppan and Looper because he's done it.

Comment

Mark Mulder to Milwaukee? http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/65776452.html

haven't we heard this before? but maybe with Rick Peterson here, he can use some of that biomedical voodoo and figure out why he's hurt all the **** time. I wouldn't mind signing him to an incentive-laden one year cheap deal.

Comment

from sporcle - can you name the Brewers Opening Day lineups since 1989?

I got 148, I think. I missed a few REALLY obvious ones I should've gotten - some of my favorites, even.

I also think I blacked out in the mid-late 90s, because I missed a lot of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X