Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need a new broswer

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
    I'm pretty sure there have been at least 2 new versions of firefox in the past year, so that may be part of your problem.
    Correct. The current version of Firefox is 3.5.3.

Also, what operating system are you using? Is the operating system updated to the most current updates? How much memory do you have? Are the Firefox add-ons and plug-ins all up to date? Are you running unnecessary add-ons? Do you have a quality anti-virus software and is it working properly?

And finally, as great as Firefox is, it is a resource hog. If your computer is too out of date, doesn't have enough memory, or doesn't have enough free hard drive space (for cache, virtual memory, etc.) then Firefox will not operate correctly through no fault of the program itself.
    Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Re: I need a new broswer

Ive updated to all of the new Firefox's when available. I even downloaded the newest version on Saturday. I have an HP laptop thats about 18 months old with Vista. All of the add-ons I have for Firefox are: No-script, Ad-block, Favicon picker, and URL fixer. Even when turning them off FF still doesn't run right.

As I said before, FF was great until I installed the new update about a year ago. It wasnt a gradual decline, it was noticeable right after I downloaded the newer version.

I like FF alot, especially Ad-block, but I just cant get it work right, thats why I made the switch to Chome.
      Merrimack College Warriors
      Boston Bruins Hockey
      Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
      Old-time hockey, bar the door
      Clear the track it's all-out war
      Light the lamp, throw a hit
      Black and gold never quit
      The barn is full, our team's in town
      So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
      Drop the puck, it's time to go"
      -Dropkick Murphys