Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Twins Offseason 2010-11: Well, at least we have the outdoor stadium...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins Offseason 2010-11: Well, at least we have the outdoor stadium...

...so we can let it air out from the scent of the Twins crapping the bed.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Re: Minnesota Twins Offseason 2010-11: Well, at least we have the outdoor stadium...

Priorities:

- Find an ace pitcher to be on the front end of the staff. Let Liriano be a #2.
    - Replace J.J. Hardy.
    - Replace Orlando Hudson if he is retiring or we can find a younger version of him.
    - Replace Jason Kubel. Which I am pretty sure I said before this season as well. He is not our #4 guy of the future. Time to cut ties.
    - Tell Gardenhire that Division titles are not good enough and he will be fired if they can't get over the hump in the next year. $96 mil should be at least worth an ALCS.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Re: Minnesota Twins Offseason 2010-11: Well, at least we have the outdoor stadium...

Gotta agree completely on the Kubel topic. It will be tough to get rid of him though, he's one of those "Gardy Guys" who seem to keep getting in the lineup day after day no matter what they do.
      This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
      www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

You also have to at least look at getting rid of Morneau. He is great when healthy which is almost never. The team seems to do fine without him and it frees up a lot of money for a good #1 starter. I don't think you can really get much for him, But you really need to dump that $15M a year to get a half season out of the guy.

For example,

Justin Morneau-- $15,000,000
        Roy Halladay--$15,750,000
        Roy Oswalt-- $15,000,000
        Cliff Lee--$9,000,000

But I guess it's better than paying Nathan $11.25M for nothing this season. I certainly prefer Capps at $3.25M.
        Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
        NFL Min
        MLB NYM, Min
        NHL Min, Dal
        NCAAB Min, Baylor
        NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
        Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

I'll cut Morneau slack when it comes to the concussion. If it was a year or two years ago he wouldn't have sat out the entire second half.

The new concussion awareness (which is good btw) is what kept him out.

But I do agree he needs to go through next season healthy (130+ games) to keep me on board.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If $96 million is worth an ALCS, then what is $220 million worth? What about $160 million? $140 million?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              If $96 million is worth an ALCS, then what is $220 million worth? What about $160 million? $140 million?
              If you fail with payrolls that high then you have poor GM skills. You are overpaying guys or you don't have an eye for talent and guys who fit the team chemistry.

World Series or bust when you are in that 150-200+ mil range.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                If you fail with payrolls that high then you have poor GM skills. You are overpaying guys or you don't have an eye for talent and guys who fit the team chemistry.

World Series or bust when you are in that 150-200+ mil range.
                Or, you have a string of injuries to players so important you simply cannot put the team back together (see: Red Sox, Boston).

Again, I'm not trying to say we shouldn't want to win the WS, but this expectation now that we are spending more than then mid-90s is a little insane when other teams are spending $40 million or $60 million more than us or even doubling (and then some) our payroll.

I just think the twins have gotten a bit unlucky in getting the yankees every postseason in the first round. I think we would have beaten any of the other teams. I really do. Sure, we would have had to play the yankees at some point but an ALCS would have been nice.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Or, you have a string of injuries to players so important you simply cannot put the team back together (see: Red Sox, Boston).

Again, I'm not trying to say we shouldn't want to win the WS, but this expectation now that we are spending more than then mid-90s is a little insane when other teams are spending $40 million or $60 million more than us or even doubling (and then some) our payroll.

I just think the twins have gotten a bit unlucky in getting the yankees every postseason in the first round. I think we would have beaten any of the other teams. I really do. Sure, we would have had to play the yankees at some point but an ALCS would have been nice.
                  Oakland swept us also during this losing streak. Kind of convenient to forget that.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Oakland swept us also during this losing streak. Kind of convenient to forget that.
                    Ok, yes, I did forget that. That wasn't good. But let's not pretend we are better than the yankees.
                    Code:

Comment

This team does not like to pay for pitching but has no problem paying Morneau and Mauer $15+ million.

Pavano's an older free agent who's going to command some money too. How much is it going to take to resign Thome? Are Nathan and Morneau going to come back and be productive? Why is Nick Punto still around making $4 million. Why is Delmon Young still in the field?

Paul Konerko will be a free agent and I think Prince Fielder will be too.

I kept hearing Twins officials say this year's team was built to go deep in the playoffs. I'm really sick of this, it's getting old. It was fun eight years ago, now I wonder why they bother trying to win the Central if their season is only going to be extended three games.

Comment

Before I turned the game off the stat they had up was 0-13 at the plate with runners in scoring position.

And we're blaming the pitching?
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Before I turned the game off the stat they had up was 0-13 at the plate with runners in scoring position.

And we're blaming the pitching?
                          So very true. Clutch hitting. If the Twins aren't playing the White Sox, Tigers, Royals, or Indians, they don't have it.
                          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                          www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

But according to Dick Bremer last night, the Twins were the far superior team in that series.

Also, it was hilarious watching Bremer treat Justin Morneau's projected RBI total like the cost of Gob Bluth's suit. By the end of the night, Morneau was on pace to hit about 180 RBIs this season. I bet Mauer wishes he had shut it down for the season when he had that little injury at the end of the year, rather than having to eat all the **** for his team choking again.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Dear Twins,

Thank you for a spectacular season and a not so much thank you for a shiatacular post season.

At least the Vikings and/or Wild and/or Timberwolves and or Gopher football teams won't let me down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X