X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-11 NHL Season part I: Blackhawks Down in Atlanta

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Thrashers goaltender Ondrej Pavelec just collapsed on the ice during the ATL/Capitals game. Play was in the opposite end, and Pavelec motioned to the bench before going down.

No word on his condition yet.
    Conscious and in stable condition according to Dudley. Scary, hopefully it's nothing serious. Vital signs were good enroute to hospital.
    Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 10-08-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Not to sound like an ******* in the situation and certainly my best if given to Pavelec for a speedy recovery...

But, did he beat out Mason for the starting goalie in ATL?
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Pavel Datsyuk...FIGHTING?!

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3nPMJAs6Xpw?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3nPMJAs6Xpw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Conscious and in stable condition according to Dudley. Scary, hopefully it's nothing serious. Vital signs were good enroute to hospital.
          Vitals are back to normal & he's being kept overnight for observation...apparently he was asking the drs about the game/score...

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Not to sound like an ******* in the situation and certainly my best if given to Pavelec for a speedy recovery...

pavs had a better pre-season than mason so he was being given the chance tonight
          2006-07 NMU PtC Champion! (who says someone from nmu cant win hardware? )

Originally posted by ASaaG
          You dipstick, the only thing that'll help Michigan's Pairwise is Billy Sauer's graduation.
          Originally posted by 3W
          Because you can't spell "Fugly" without Dustin Byfuglien.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I think they're going to run a tandem for a bit, I don't think either one is officially the #1, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Saw the video where he collapses. That's *ing scary. It wasn't even like he was a little wobbly then faints. He just motions, then boom, he's done.

Coach said he was indeed asking about the game, and sounds like he'll be A-OK. Thank goodness.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Datsyuk hung with Perry in a *fight*

That's freaking hilarious.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Datsyuk hung with Perry in a *fight*

That's freaking hilarious.
                  Yeah, might be time for Perry to reevaluate his priorities if he can't beat Datsyuk.

Oh, and Datsyuk got the Gordie Howe hat trick.
                  This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Saw the video where he collapses. That's *ing scary. It wasn't even like he was a little wobbly then faints. He just motions, then boom, he's done.

Coach said he was indeed asking about the game, and sounds like he'll be A-OK. Thank goodness.
                    Praying he's doing alright, man that was scary..just something no one ever wants to see a player go through.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                      Yeah, might be time for Perry to reevaluate his priorities if he can't beat Datsyuk.

Oh, and Datsyuk got the Gordie Howe hat trick.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010100...als-then-fists

"I think the Lady Byng is kind of out of reach now," Henrik Zetterberg joked of the NHL's sportsmanship award.
                      While his teammates and coach said they were all hoping Datsyuk wouldn't hurt his valuable hands, Datsyuk just smiled.
                      "I not fight before in NHL," he said. "Not in KHL. I am happy to have Gordie Howe hat trick. We have good start tonight, people excited. It's excellent. We win."

Another hockey game breaks out at the fights tonight when the Wings play at the Hawks?

Comment

Bruins had...one good period out of three. Horton nets 2. B's lose 5-2.
                        UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Pavelec diagnosed with a concussion, but nobody knows how it happened. Might have been when he collapsed, but may have been a prior injury and a contributing factor. Weird, but glad that he'll be OK.

Comment

It could've been a puck to the mask in practice. I know the masks protect usually, but sometimes it can still ring your bell. Glad he's doing better, though.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Atlanta Journal Constitution Thrashers twitter reports that he talked to Pavs and he doesn't remember anything after the national anthem and that he remembers not being able to his legs when he woke up in the ambulance
                              2006-07 NMU PtC Champion! (who says someone from nmu cant win hardware? )

Originally posted by ASaaG
                              You dipstick, the only thing that'll help Michigan's Pairwise is Billy Sauer's graduation.
                              Originally posted by 3W
                              Because you can't spell "Fugly" without Dustin Byfuglien.

Comment

Hockey!!!
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X