X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010-11 NHL Season part I: Blackhawks Down in Atlanta

Originally posted by NMUKat82 View Post
    Atlanta Journal Constitution Thrashers twitter reports that he talked to Pavs and he doesn't remember anything after the national anthem and that he remembers not being able to his legs when he woke up in the ambulance
    Pavs had a fainting spell and is undergoing more tests. If they come back negative, he'll be cleared to play once more.

Also, Wings sign Babcock to 4 year extension.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      You say that like he has anything besides the Seabrook hit on his resume.
      He's got plenty of other hits that didn't get major headlines. Also, he's a diver.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Question for Wings fans or anyone that knows: Did Maltby report to training camp and play in the pre-season and then decide to retire? I was just curious if he had even put on the skates this year at all.

Comment

He was in training camp, but I can't remember if he played in the season opener.

He's done. He's been done for at least two years.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maltby did attend training camp hoping to stick with the big club, but was placed on waivers to be sent to GRR. After a few days, he elected to retire.

Comment

Probably a good thing the Wild had the time off after coming back from Europe, but this is a long time to wait until their next loss.

Comment

Maltby is a classy guy. Good luck in retirement.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

How do they insert the ads on the end glass for the TV broadcasts?

edit: I guess I'm wondering if they have to do anything physically to the glass so the camera/computer can pick it up or if it's all done in production.
                  Last edited by JuveGG24; 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                    How do they insert the ads on the end glass for the TV broadcasts?

edit: I guess I'm wondering if they have to do anything physically to the glass so the camera/computer can pick it up or if it's all done in production.
                    I don't know all the ins and outs of the digital technology, but I hope that it disappears faster than that ****ed glowing puck.

EDIT: Just found this:

# Vendor is PVI Virtual Media Services, same company that provides “1st and 10” line for FSN college football games and other virtual images on various sports and entertainment programming. (http://pvi.tv)
                    # The virtual ad technology is also used in national MLB telecasts, some international soccer leagues, tennis and college football. The virtual technology is also used (not necessarily in ads) in coverage of NASCAR and will be extensively used in the Olympics.
                    # Ads appear only from shots using the main camera at high center ice
                    On a happier note, the Leafs are 3-0. The Pens might want to move back across the road!
                    Last edited by SteveP; 10-13-2010, 10:22 PM.
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

They're playing the Islanders on Friday. If that's not a solid home win for the Pens, I'll be speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        They're playing the Islanders on Friday. If that's not a solid home win for the Pens, I'll be speechless.
                        It won't be solid if the refs decide to help the Isles like they did against the Rangers.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Why the fark are Rangers tickets so stupid expensive? Jumping Jiminy that's ridiculous.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            Why the fark are Rangers tickets so stupid expensive? Jumping Jiminy that's ridiculous.
                            I agree, I was looking at going to a couple of games in January and it's about $220 per ticket anywhere near the ice.

Comment

Gotta pay for that new vacation home for Glen Sather somehow.
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                                I agree, I was looking at going to a couple of games in January and it's about $220 per ticket anywhere near the ice.
                                Gotta love NYC inflation

I sat third row from the glass in one of the corners last year in Phoenix for the Coyotes/Blackhawks game for $50 each.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X