X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 NHL Season part I: Blackhawks Down in Atlanta

Hockey starts in two hours!
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Re: 2010-11 NHL Season part I: Blackhawks Down in Atlanta

I give it about 10 minutes at the bar tonight before I hear some bandwagoner biching and moaning about how the Hawks couldn't resign anyone and that we got a bunch of no-names this year

That said, HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I give it about 10 minutes at the bar tonight before I hear some bandwagoner biching and moaning about how the Hawks couldn't resign anyone and that we got a bunch of no-names this year
      You're optimistic, aren't you? I'd take the under in that wager.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sharks name Thornton captain

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Thornton was traded?
          Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

But isn't he with the Bruins? Wait a second here... are you telling me?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I just got an email from Ticketmaster offering me 40% off tickets to the Islanders' home opener.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                I just got an email from Ticketmaster offering me 40% off tickets to the Islanders' home opener.
                That size of a market and they can't sell out their home opener? File that under "you know things are REALLY bad when...".
                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                  That size of a market and they can't sell out their home opener? File that under "you know things are REALLY bad when...".
                  Terrible rink, terrible team, terrible support, they all go together.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Well, the Islanders aren't REALLY part of the New York City market. But still, I think your point is valid. Just not as funny as I was hoping for.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      Well, the Islanders aren't REALLY part of the New York City market. But still, I think your point is valid. Just not as funny as I was hoping for.
                      Steve Sommers is laughing hysterically somewhere.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

It's the Islanders. Besides, I'm sure they're charging way too much money to watch the John Tavares & Matt Moulson Show.

Comment

It's the Islanders. Besides, I'm sure they're charging way too much money to watch the John Tavares & Matt Moulson Show.
                          I was looking at that.... $35 for what appears to be the last 5-7 rows of the upper deck... $60-70 for anything else in the upper deck... That's rediculous, NYC or not...

Where exactly is the Nassau Coliseum in relation to Manhattan and the rest of NYC?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I was looking at that.... $35 for what appears to be the last 5-7 rows of the upper deck... $60-70 for anything else in the upper deck... That's rediculous, NYC or not...

Where exactly is the Nassau Coliseum in relation to Manhattan and the rest of NYC?
                            Think from the Loop to Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates.

Only more annoying.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.401001&z=11

*edit* Jesus, it's half the distance from Madison Square Garden to Prudential Arena (New Jersey) than it is to Long Island.
                            Last edited by aparch; 10-07-2010, 02:48 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Those are Wings/JLA-type prices, for a team that most likely won't even sniff the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X