Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Milwaukee Brewers Offseason - Prince or no Prince?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Milwaukee Brewers Offseason - Prince or no Prince?

From the Dec 27 SI: The Greinke trade helps both teams—and it's also great for baseball

Whatever the on-field ramifications, this move is great for baseball. The off-season has been dominated by the East Coast scary monsters, whether they were making big trades (the Red Sox), signing top free agents (the Phillies) or failing to do either (the Yankees). For a small-market team such as the Brewers to put its chips on the table and outplay the big boys for a No. 1 starter shows fans around the country that in the revenue-sharing era, any team can acquire great players.

Comment

Brewers add Takashi Saito and Sean Green.

Don't know much about Green but Saito could be a huge plus.
      Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Capuano will not be back - Brewers offered, but he wants to be a starter

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
          Brewers add Takashi Saito and Sean Green.

Don't know much about Green but Saito could be a huge plus.
          Saito has some awesome numbers last year. I am amazed Melvin has been able to totally revamp the pitching staff without trotting out re-treds. Does the Crew have a Pitching Coach yet?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Trevor is officially announcing his retirement on Wednesday.
            Last edited by jen; 01-12-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

more Trevor

Nice article from Buster Olney

as well as Michael Baumann

It was a pleasure to watch him in Milwaukee, and Hells Bells still has to be the coolest intro ever.

edit: I didn't realize he was traded to SD for Gary Sheffield!
              Last edited by jen; 01-12-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Re: more Trevor

Originally posted by jen View Post
                I didn't realize he was traded to SD for Gary Sheffield!
                I'll boldly state that wasn't a wash from a character perspective.

I agree Hells Bells for Hoffman was one of the cooler intro type things in all of sport.
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Re: more Trevor

It was a pleasure to watch him in Milwaukee, and Hells Bells still has to be the coolest intro ever.
                  I'd say the 2nd coolest....the coolest is the intro for the UW hockey games...
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

less than one month until pitchers and catchers report.

Comment

less than one month until pitchers and catchers report.
                      This may be the best thing anyone has said all day.
                      "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

My friend was in Vegas over New Years and I had him place a futures bet for me...if the Brewers somehow put it together and win the World Series, I will win $1000.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          My friend was in Vegas over New Years and I had him place a futures bet for me...if the Brewers somehow put it together and win the World Series, I will win $1000.
                          I am doing that when I go to Vegas in a couple weeks! How much did you out down? What are the odds? I am just going to put 10 bucks on the crew just to say I did.
                          "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

I wanted to put down $10 but when I texted him, he was a bit drunk so he put $20 on them for me...50-1
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Brewers avoid arbitration with Fielder, agree to 15.5 mil. one year deal. Will still become a free agent at the end of 2011.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-2011/related/
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Spring training roster announced: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114290354.html

Is Roque Mercedes the love child of Rafael Roque and Jose Mercedes?
                                Last edited by jen; 01-20-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X