Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Milwaukee Brewers Offseason - Prince or no Prince?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Milwaukee Brewers Offseason - Prince or no Prince?

With the 3-2 loss today to close out the season ( ), now there are some major issues to deal with. First and foremost, Ken Macha. Get rid of him, please. Second and most important, will Prince remain a Brewers? Are they going to trade him? Can they get him to resign? I really hope something falls on Prince's head, and he realizes that his agent is an *****-hat. Third, can we get some stinking pitching, please?? I don't know where Melvin will get it, but he's got to get some pitching. HAS to. There were many positives this year...I hope Prince can see that and stick around. Hart and Weeks have to have similar years again next year. Both broke out, so to speak, and can't have a relapse. McGehee is very solid. I like Lucroy as catcher, and Cain has a future. We all know what Braun can do.
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: 2010 Milwaukee Brewers Offseason - Prince or no Prince?

Macha out as manager of Brewers

My favorite line from this story:
    Considering the pitching staffs during his two years at the helm, Macha never had much of a chance to win.
    Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
      Macha out as manager of Brewers

My favorite line from this story:
      HORRAY!!!!!!!
      "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

They should try to get Bobby Valentine!
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I agree Macha was pretty hamstrung with the staff. Unfortunately what he did have he often mismanaged. He never gelled with the players and he's just not an NL manager. He sat around waiting for two bloops and bomb on offense and he never did a good job pulling the pitcher at the right time in relation to when he was up in the batting order. Too often he'd let a pitcher hit in the middle of a potential rally and then pull him one out into the next inning.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Macha's parting words. Says he didn't have a good relationship with Braun and Fielder and it was completely their fault.

Comment

Interesting analysis of the Sabathia trade
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Bob Uecker to have another heart surgery.

Brewers ask White Sox permission to talk to Joey Cora. Other names mentioned: Bob Melvin, Tim Wallach, Eric Wedge, Ron Roenicke. Cecil Cooper says he would love the job, but has not been contacted.

Dale Sveum interviewed for the Pittsburgh job and Cooper interviewed in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  Bob Uecker to have another heart surgery.

Brewers ask White Sox permission to talk to Joey Cora. Other names mentioned: Bob Melvin, Tim Wallach, Eric Wedge, Ron Roenicke. Cecil Cooper says he would love the job, but has not been contacted.

Dale Sveum interviewed for the Pittsburgh job and Cooper interviewed in Seattle.
                  Macha interviewed for the pittsburgh job too.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

IMO, getting rid of Macha is a good start. About Fielder, I dont see him being a Brewer next season. The Brewers need to get some pitching if they are going to have a chance and getting some good pitching by trading Fielder would be a good move, IMO.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Team awards: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/105176974.html

MVP: McGehee
                      Most Valuable Pitcher: Gallardo
                      Top Newcomer: Axford
                      Unsung Hero: Loe
                      Good Guy: Hoffman

Also, Pat Listach will interview for the Brewers job.

Comment

Doug Melvin (w/ Jimmy Kimmel & Jon Stewart) on Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars' benefit for autism education:

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nn8KQJc6oUk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nn8KQJc6oUk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Coaching staff updates: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/brewers.html

Summary: Melvin and Cora are 2 of the 4 finalists. Others not named, but the blog says it's not Wallach or Listach.

Sveum and Peterson are returning.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            Coaching staff updates: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/brewers.html

Summary: Melvin and Cora are 2 of the 4 finalists. Others not named, but the blog says it's not Wallach or Listach.

Sveum and Peterson are returning.
                            Someone explain to me the logic behind hiring back your pitching and hitting coaches before hiring a manager (who would want to name his own coaching staff). It's not like they had to rush to resign Sveum and Peterson because other teams were after them.
                            Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                              Someone explain to me the logic behind hiring back your pitching and hitting coaches before hiring a manager (who would want to name his own coaching staff). It's not like they had to rush to resign Sveum and Peterson because other teams were after them.
                              Strange. That didn't really work this last time either.

Lots of Valentine rumors out there. Not sure I'm to excited about that.
                              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                              sigpic
                              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Working...
                              X