Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Professional basketball=professional soccer.
    In my book, the biggest difference between the two is that I can actually sort of understand the point of doing it in soccer. I can't do the same for basketball.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The Pistons are a goddamm embarrassment, and it all spring back to trading Chauncey Billups, a reasonably positive locker room presence for Allen "Practice" Iverson.

First thing any new owner should do is fire the coach, 10 or so of the players, and Dumars. What a dumpster fire. How their veterans went from being among the "hardest working in the league" to a pack of morons with no trade value and acting like they work in a southeast Asian sweatshop instead of for a NBA team is beyond me.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        In my book, the biggest difference between the two is that I can actually sort of understand the point of doing it in soccer. I can't do the same for basketball.
        I fail to see the difference.
        Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        The Pistons are a goddamm embarrassment, and it all spring back to trading Chauncey Billups, a reasonably positive locker room presence for Allen "Practice" Iverson.

First thing any new owner should do is fire the coach, 10 or so of the players, and Dumars. What a dumpster fire. How their veterans went from being among the "hardest working in the league" to a pack of morons with no trade value and acting like they work in a southeast Asian sweatshop instead of for a NBA team is beyond me.
        It is comical and sad at the same time. I feel bad for the coach who has his players laughing at him when he is ejected.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I fail to see the difference.
          Soccer: 1 referee overseeing a gigantic field of play with 22 people. Rough play can end with a guy getting his shin broken.

Basketball: 2 or 3 referees overseeing a small field of play with 10 people. Rough play doesn't matter because its whistled down long before it gets there.

Compare the two, and I think it's a lot easier to understand why soccer players might dive as a way to keep the game safe compared to basketball players diving for calls that they have a 75% chance of getting anyway.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It is comical and sad at the same time. I feel bad for the coach who has his players laughing at him when he is ejected.
            Yep. This is what the NBA is becoming.

Comment

So sweet that the Knicks beat the Miami cHeat last night. I love Chauncey Billups and Melo.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

How cute that the Heat think Mike Bibby's going to help them down the stretch.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Nice choke job by the Heat last night. Coughed up a 24-point lead en route to losing 99-96 to the Magic.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Nice choke job by the Heat last night. Coughed up a 24-point lead en route to losing 99-96 to the Magic.
                    Yes. That was nice to see. They have a losing record against teams above .500. Seems like everytime LeIdiot tweets something they lose. He needs to keep his mouth shut. What a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                      Seems like everytime LeIdiot tweets something they lose. He needs to keep his mouth shut.
                      No, he needs to keep Tweeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        No, he needs to keep Tweeting.
                        Good point. I just need to stop watching sportscenter when I workout. Then I won't have to hear about his useless tweets.

Comment

The Knicks are now 3-3 since their blockbuster trade, including two losses to the 12-49 Cleveland Cavaliers. Smart move for Mike & Mike to spend half their show on these championship contenders on Monday morning.

In other news, San Antonio leads Miami 36-12 after 12 minutes. New Hampshire's Matt Bonner had four three-pointers in the first quarter.

Comment

The Celts trade looks ok, Green can light it up off the bench. Ainge wanted a Posey like guy on offense, Green is more than that but on D probably not as good
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                              The Knicks are now 3-3 since their blockbuster trade, including two losses to the 12-49 Cleveland Cavaliers. Smart move for Mike & Mike to spend half their show on these championship contenders on Monday morning.

In other news, San Antonio leads Miami 36-12 after 12 minutes. New Hampshire's Matt Bonner had four three-pointers in the first quarter.
                              San Antonio went on to win 125-95; it was Miami's worst loss of the season. Hey LeBron, karma's a *****, isn't it?

Comment

Lebron loses again, its a shame both he and Dwade missed game winners
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X