NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

There's a free preview of NBA League Pass Broadband (and regular TV version too I think) until November 2nd.
    http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/?cid=808

It's a pretty good service from what I've seen. If I liked the NBA a little more I'd probably purchase it.

Comment

Couple of BS tech's on Shaq and Robinson. Refs are really cracking down. Dumb move NBA, let these guys speak their piece
      PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Better go to Miami because Cleveland can't beat the Celtics. Good call, LeBron.

Comment

I love Golden State's new (old) look.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Better go to Miami because Cleveland can't beat the Celtics. Good call, LeBron.
            It's quickly becoming a favorite phrase of mine but...

"Karma's a Bee-Yotch. Ain't it?"
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

ESPN...just stop it. Please. The Heat lost their first game, and everyone dropped expectations for this team not playing well til January. Ok. Whatever. They crowned the Celtics and Lakers for the finals, after one game.

Fast forward to last night. Wade scores a bunch of points, the Heat beat the 76ers (was that really a surprise) now they are predicting them to be a 1 seed.

Celtics lost to the Cavs. So now all the talk is about the Cavs making the playoffs without Lebron. Really? Its been ONE freakin game. Can we just stop this? Do we really have to listen to this all season?

If there was ever a time for VS. and Yahoo Sports to partner and create a Sports show...now is the time.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Rondo with 24 assists in a triple double last night.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Kevin Garnett calls Charlie Villanueva a "cancer patient" because of his alopecia?

Somehow I believe Charlie V on this one and not Garnett. That's a pretty quick, and awkward, backpedal. He probably would have better off something like "I did something really stupid in the heat of the moment".

although if I was Charlie, I don't think I would be telling Garnett I want to fight him.

p.s. I found this article while searching for Gary Sheffield-related news.
                  Last edited by jen; 11-03-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    Kevin Garnett calls Charlie Villanueva a "cancer patient" because of his alopecia?

Somehow I believe Charlie V on this one and not Garnett. That's a pretty quick, and awkward, backpedal. He probably would have better off something like "I did something really stupid in the heat of the moment".

although if I was Charlie, I don't think I would be telling Garnett I want to fight him.

p.s. I found this article while searching for Gary Sheffield-related news.
                    I think it's hilarious that KG's explanation was that he called Villaneuva something much worse than a cancer patient.

NBA players are such whiny little ****es. If this was hockey Villaneuva would be dropping the gloves the next time the two players met instead of crying about in on Twitter. Twitter is where we learn how insane Ron Artest is and where Shaq will be dressing up like a woman. That is the only valid use for Twitter. Not for complaining about how another player was mean to you. Today's NBA player wouldn't withstand 10 seconds of Michael Jordan's trash talk without collapsing into a pile of mush.
                    I also grow weary of everyone's "sudden" realization that KG is dirty now that he's in Boston. More than likely, he was just as nasty in Minnesota but everyone waited 10 years to whine about it. He isn't even the dirtiest player on the Celtics. I'd be much more scared of Perkins, Ray Allen or even Rondo. Even the dirtiest player on the NBA (probably some one from the Spurs) pales in comparison to the Matt Cookes, Ulf Sammeulsons, Claude Lemiuexs and Rodney Harrison's of the world.
                    Last edited by Jon; 11-04-2010, 01:05 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Greatest commercial EVER!

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvgD9HNTMkM?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvgD9HNTMkM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Jon> People probably assumed Garnett was nasty in Minnesota. The problem is that no one has ever actually seen a Minnesota T'Wolves game.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Jon> People probably assumed Garnett was nasty in Minnesota. The problem is that no one has ever actually seen a Minnesota T'Wolves game.
                          ...well played.

I think it's funny that people only starting accusing KG of being a dirty hack when he came to the C's. Because Celtics fans hated Danny Ainge until he came here. Didn't Ainge once bite someone? Maybe that's why the T-Wolves traded KG...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            ...well played.

I think it's funny that people only starting accusing KG of being a dirty hack when he came to the C's. Because Celtics fans hated Danny Ainge until he came here. Didn't Ainge once bite someone? Maybe that's why the T-Wolves traded KG...
                            Tree Rollins
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

ESPN's impassioned defense of Villanueva is making them look pretty ****ing stupid. But this is a network that treats Dick Vitale as an analyst and not a cheerleader for Duke basketball. Not surprised.
                              Last edited by Jon; 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Celtics took it to Miami again tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X