NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Barely watch basketball now that the Pistons are utter crap.

How the hell is this sport more popular than hockey? This crowd is about as into game 1 of the Finals as a regular season hockey game, and a commercial break between team intros. Awesome.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

How the hell is this sport more popular than hockey? This crowd is about as into game 1 of the Finals as a regular season hockey game, and a commercial break between team intros. Awesome.
      Because a drunk monkey can understand it.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

It is so popular that the media had to get LeBron's opinion on the Ohio State situation.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
          It is so popular that the media had to get LeBron's opinion on the Ohio State situation.
          I saw that on SportsCenter this morning. What. The. Hell.? This is a guy who clearly doesn't give 2 craps about Ohio, why are you asking him about Ohio State? He has no connection to any college, never went to any college, and doesn't have any idea what it would be like to be a college athlete.

I don't watch basketball (I find it boring), but ESPN's ridiculous fawning over it at the expense of coverage of the NHL playoffs is ridiculous. F* You, ESPN.

Comment

Because America is really really stupid.
            There are many many issues with basketball. The option travel rule, the annoying super stars, the Jordan Rules carrying over to Kobe/LeBron, the corrupt and evil way David Stern comports himself, the WWE level of officiating and the atrocity that was the moving of the Seattle Supersonics.
            I didn't even like the NBA in 2008 and my team won it that year.
            hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>> basketball

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Because a drunk monkey can understand it.
            A drunk monkey would understand a sport where the rules are made up on the fly.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              I saw that on SportsCenter this morning. What. The. Hell.? This is a guy who clearly doesn't give 2 craps about Ohio, why are you asking him about Ohio State? He has no connection to any college, never went to any college, and doesn't have any idea what it would be like to be a college athlete.

I don't watch basketball (I find it boring), but ESPN's ridiculous fawning over it at the expense of coverage of the NHL playoffs is ridiculous. F* You, ESPN.
              I'm not surprised at ESPN. After all, it's all LeBron, all the time. Rumor has it they want to start a channel devoted to LeBron... they can call it ESPN: LeBron.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Live attendance has been tipped in the NHL's favor (in ave capacity) for a handful of years I believe. But marketing is obviously tilted towards the NBA so John Q. Public at home will watch and follow the NBA.
                Old Monster Records

Comment

If any sport needs a lockout right now it is the NBA. Hopefully that will occur when June 30th comes.

Comment

Shaq finally retires.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Yes! My copy of Shaq Fu for Sega Genesis is now a collector's item! eBay here I come!
                      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM. Reason: messing up my mid-90's Shaq merchandise...for shame...
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Basketball is just more culturally relevant in the US. It is played by more people and is definitely engrained the popular culture more than hockey.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

There will be a Ricky Rubio era in Minnesota

And it will begin sometime in 2013 or whenever David Stern crushes the union.

Comment

Like I mentioned in another thread, ESPN is making Hitler's propoganda department look weak with their contstant ramming of the NBA down our throats.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              Like I mentioned in another thread, ESPN is making Hitler's propoganda department look weak with their contstant ramming of the NBA down our throats.
                              What else is Stuart Scott supposed to do, learn to cover another sport? That might require effort.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                What else is Stuart Scott supposed to do, learn to cover another sport? That might require effort.
                                That might actually mean he has to be like a Karl Ravech, Scott Van Pelt or John Buccigross.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X