replied
    Re: NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Nice run for the Celts, no legs left for the old guys

Leave a comment:

• Bigus Paulus
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    You're correct. 15 for 48 is much better.
    The worst part was the fact they missed several shots within 3 ft of the rim when the game was still within reach. I counted at least three or four Celtic scoring runs that were snuffed by a missed lightly contested or uncontested dunk or lay up. Shooting 7% from 3 didn't help either.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I think its going to be a tough game tonight, Bosh will play the 2nd half instead of sitting which should give KG fits. On the other hand I doubt Ray, Paul and Rajon shoot 11 for 44 in the Garden.
    You're correct. 15 for 48 is much better. Heat vs Thunder in the finals. Go Thunder!

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Yeah, not surprised.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Seems like the Thunder are the LA Kings of the NBA. Of course, I've now just probably jinxed the Kings. Crap.

I hate that too many people already think the Celtics have this won. As with everything, there's too much woofing and commentary and what not. If Miami wins tonight, they win Game 7. The Celtics winning Game 5 was their one win there. This is going to be an excrutiating game to watch.
    I think its going to be a tough game tonight, Bosh will play the 2nd half instead of sitting which should give KG fits. On the other hand I doubt Ray, Paul and Rajon shoot 11 for 44 in the Garden.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Seems like the Thunder are the LA Kings of the NBA. Of course, I've now just probably jinxed the Kings. Crap.

I hate that too many people already think the Celtics have this won. As with everything, there's too much woofing and commentary and what not. If Miami wins tonight, they win Game 7. The Celtics winning Game 5 was their one win there. This is going to be an excrutiating game to watch.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    From my admittedly limited watching of the NBA, there isn't anyone that's stopping the San Antonio Spurs anyway.
    Again, not a heavy NBA watcher.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    If the Thunder win the NBA Championship they will have defeated 11 of the past 13 champions to get there. They have beaten the Mavericks (2011), LA Lakers (2000,01,02,09,10) and Spurs (1999, 2003,05,07) and either the Heat (2006) or Celtics (2008). The only champion they wouldn't have knocked off would be the loser of the Heat-Celtics series and the Detroit Pistons. If they beat the Celtics, they would have beaten teams that hold 38 of the NBA's 65 titles (58%) and it would be the first time a team had beaten both the Celtics and Lakers in the postseason since the 1989 Pistons. The only other team to defeat both the Celtics and Lakers was the 1973 New York Knicks.
    They've also already beaten every Western Conference champ since the 1998 Jazz.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If the Thunder win the NBA Championship they will have defeated 11 of the past 13 champions to get there. They have beaten the Mavericks (2011), LA Lakers (2000,01,02,09,10) and Spurs (1999, 2003,05,07) and either the Heat (2006) or Celtics (2008). The only champion they wouldn't have knocked off would be the loser of the Heat-Celtics series and the Detroit Pistons. If they beat the Celtics, they would have beaten teams that hold 38 of the NBA's 65 titles (58%) and it would be the first time a team had beaten both the Celtics and Lakers in the postseason since the 1989 Pistons. The only other team to defeat both the Celtics and Lakers was the 1973 New York Knicks.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Good job, Spurs. Good effort.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Thunder punch their ticket to the Finals. I know who I'm rooting for.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

How is Stern going to guarantee a game 7 in Miami? Referees for game 6 will be Joey Crawford, Scott Foster and special guest referee, Tim Donaghy.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Writing as a Celtics fan, up to this point its been Wade not pulling his own weight which kinda surprises me. However, I think James made one critical mistake, which he's too old to be making at this point in his career. That was showing up Kevin Garnett in Game 1. Some guys you just don't do that to, especially when no one on your team is capable of guarding him. Players didn't show up Michael Jordan during a victory. Nor Larry Bird. Nor Kobe Bryant. There's a reason for that. The reason is they'd use that as motivation to shove it up your @ $ $ for the rest of the series. Not by any means saying this is over, but the Heat could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by cutting out the showboating during game 1. They really do need a veteran coach over there.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

The Celtics won.

Some refs are getting tossed into the gulag for that mishap.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Way over. I'll also bet he doesn't get called for anything tonight, per a memo from the Angel of Stern.
    Even Gary Bettman thinks Stern is fixing games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X