NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Maybe LeBron was onto something when he passed up attempts to win the game.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

God forbid they call a foul on Wade on overtime. What a crock.

Comment

An NBA playoff game was decided by poor officiating?

Comment

And golly gee, look at that, the team owned by the league that coincidentally just recently inked a deal with a buyer happened to win the draft lottery.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            And golly gee, look at that, the team owned by the league that coincidentally just recently inked a deal with a buyer happened to win the draft lottery.

*****http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2012/03/05/6gusxr2di1.jpg******

Comment

Donyell Marshall was on Felger & Mazz earlier and said he has texted other players in the league (active NBA players, and not Celtics players) and they agree that the NBA will allow the Celtics to win one game in this series. When the players believe the league is fixed they have a problem. I bet this belief is at the coach and GM level as well. I wonder if the owners believe it, or even care as long as they're making money.

Tony Mazz had a good take earlier too. No one has ever said, "The referees did a great job last night," in regards to an NBA playoff game. Whereas people have said that about the NHL, NFL and even MLB. Sure, we can point out the calls that the referees have gotten wrong, but there are also games where the officials stay out of the way and aren't an issue. Along those lines, when is the last time anyone seriously suggested any of the other major sports leagues are fixed? And not just games, but the entire league, right down to the Knicks' draft card in the freezer in 1984 to New Orleans not only winning the draft, but being the only team to improve their positioning in the lottery last night.

ETA: A piece of an article by Yahoo's Wojnarowski
              The reaction of several league executives was part disgust, part resignation on Wednesday night. So many had predicted this happening, so many suspected that somehow, someway, the Hornets would walk away with Davis. That's the worst part for the NBA; these aren't the railings from the guy sitting at the corner tavern, but the belief of those working within the machinery that something undue happened here, that they suspect it happens all the time under Stern.
              Last edited by Priceless; 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                God forbid they call a foul on Wade on overtime. What a crock.
                God forbid they call anything on the Heat at all. The Angel of Stern wants LeBron to have a title this year...
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

What LeBron needs to do in clutch.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

The only thing he's going to do tonight is sit. That's 6 on him.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The NBA must be p*****.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The NBA must be p*****.
                        Rest assured, those refs will be doing middle school basketball games for fouling out LeBron.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          Rest assured, those refs will be doing middle school basketball games for fouling out LeBron.
                          Middle school games?? in the states or overseas??
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Middle school games?? in the states or overseas??
                            Baghdad Middle School.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

You get a foul! You get a foul! You get a foul!
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

so the spurs playing never touched the ball. only got into the body of the thunder player. that's a foul, right? no??? it is spurs ball?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X