NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA 2010-11: KobeJesus vs. the LeBronathon

All is right at the worldwide leader. They can go back to smearing the NHL and giving it 1 minute of coverage.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

This scheduling is a total money grab to try and recover lost revenue from the lockout.

They are going to miss 2 months of the season, yet they will only play 16 fewer games then normal?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        This scheduling is a total money grab to try and recover lost revenue from the lockout.

They are going to miss 2 months of the season, yet they will only play 16 fewer games then normal?
        They're going to end up having some teams play 3-4 nights in a row, especially the teams that share arenas with NHL teams.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          They're going to end up having some teams play 3-4 nights in a row, especially the teams that share arenas with NHL teams.
          That's what I was referring to. Will tickets to the 3rd game in 3 nights be half price? Since it will be some of the worst basketball ever played. No, of course not.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            That's what I was referring to. Will tickets to the 3rd game in 3 nights be half price? Since it will be some of the worst basketball ever played. No, of course not.
            Yes they are pro athletes, but they will have zero time to recover. And the sharing agreements are going to be messy.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Also, why the race to get the season started on Christmas?
              TV money. Christmas is the first of the network broadcasts for the season, so if they don't play then, they start forfeiting the ABC tv money.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                TV money. Christmas is the first of the network broadcasts for the season, so if they don't play then, they start forfeiting the ABC tv money.
                And ESPN is sick of having to talk about hockey.

Comment

They get around it by talking about the same NFL game for most of the first half hour of any given Sportscenter or getting pre-rections for the upcoming football games in larger NFL markets and the SEC.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Makes me with the Final Score on FSN never got cancelled. I'd love a straight up hi-light show on Versus.

Comment

Let the mayhem begin!

CP3 to the Lakers for Gasol and Odom.

ETA: Vetoed by Stern.
                      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Let the mayhem begin!

CP3 to the Lakers for Gasol and Odom.

ETA: Vetoed by Stern.
                        This is hilarious. Stern purposely attempts to gut his league owned team, while the NHL's league owned team continues to give people the finger and make the playoffs with no budget, stars or talent.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Trade is cancelled. I think Kris Jenner had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Trade is cancelled. I think Kris Jenner had something to do with it.
                            From Twitter...
                            Originally posted by @MichelleDBeadle
                            I'm shocked at some of you. The fine people of New Orleans have suffered enough. Throwing Khloe Kardashian at them would have been too much
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Dan Gilbert actually had a lot to do with it. You should read his letter he sent to David Stern. Its hilarious.
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Chris Broussard actually said while I was flipping through the channels that the league is basically trying to contract New Orleans.

Comment

Working...
                                X