Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

This game was lost on Brady's INT. They were about to score up until that point and the momentum wasn't with them at all.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Awesome game.

Comment

The game was lost on Alge's drop of the TD, the bad decision to call a fake punt at the end of the first half, the dropped pass by branch, the horrific clock management when they got the ball with 13 minutes to go... Bill got outcoached today, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          The game was lost on Alge's drop of the TD, the bad decision to call a fake punt at the end of the first half, the dropped pass by branch, the horrific clock management when they got the ball with 13 minutes to go... Bill got outcoached today, plain and simple.
          Yes. let's not forget that awful drop by Branch on fourth down.

Three straight awful playoff performances by this team. Two of them at home. I'm not sure what you do about that...
          Last edited by Jon; 01-16-2011, 06:55 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Since 06, the Pats have not looked good in the playoffs. Conservative playcalling against Indy in 06, the Giants in 07, Ravens in 09, and now the Jets in 10 have done them in. Not playing THEIR game, not taking chances. The team is too content, too confident in their ability to come back that they do not show urgency when it is needed. Disgusting.

Ashamed to be a Pats fan today.
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              First time in my life I'm rooting for the Patriots this weekend.

Beware Pats fans....

I'm a Bills/Mets/Rangers fan so winning isn't exactly synonomous with me.

I just hate Rex Ryan and the Jets fan base that much that I've found room to root for the team that has thoroughly owned us the last decade.
              Sorry guys. All my fault.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                Ashamed to be a Pats fan today.
                No, I can't go that far. But that whatever good they did in the 3 Super Bowl wins has been gone for 6 years now. And we have to wait 365 days to see them try to make amends... this assumes the season isn't locked out and the Pats make the playoffs again. A lot of "ifs".

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well, I am disappointed but considering where most of us fans thought the Pats would be this year, Im kind of pleased, though the end result leaves me bitter. The team took some big steps this season with Hernandez and Gronkowski, Mayo is poised to be a superstar at line-backer and should be a face of the franchise. McCourty played great on defense, and hopefully will be a shut down corner. Meriweather should some improvement. I think this team needs to shore up on Defense a little better, and that may go with replacing Meriweather. Ty Warren will be back next season and should help the D-line.

Im not sure where you go for a wide receiver. Branch, Welker and the tight ends may be enough, and we all remember the Caldwell says at WR, so even if you bring in a big name, will it make that much of a difference?

For next season its Super Bowl or bust in my eyes. The groundwork has been laid.
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    This game was lost on Brady's INT. They were about to score up until that point and the momentum wasn't with them at all.
                    If it was a pick 6 then I would agree. However, the way things transpired after the INT I thought things were going the Pats way even when they shouldn't have. The lack of urgency is what ultimately killed the Pats tonight.

Comment

Boy this is tough. I appreciate the season they played. 14-3! Belichick puts a solid team on the field every year, and that's not easy.

They dominated the first two possessions and ended up with three points, thanks to an awful Brady INT (Simms tried to blame pressure but he's shilling for the franchise QB) and a Crumpler drop (he had saved the Pats seven points five minutes earlier, so I can't come down too hard on him). After that, the NYJs controlled the remaining 50 minutes. They have very good talent built to win now, and they showed up to play today. Congrats to them.

So where do we go from here? Meriweather should never play another down for NE. He's terrible and my least favorite Patriot since Chris Canty. Ship him to Tampa Bay for a fifth-rounder or cut him. Butler is probably done, another second-rounder wasted, so they'll need to add to McCourty/Bodden/Arrington/Chung/Sanders in the offseason. Is there a Rodney Harrison type out there?

On offense they'll need to draft a couple good linemen (T and G/C) and a running back. I don't think they can afford to spend a high pick on WR, so hopefully Price turns into a player. They have six picks in the first three rounds, and while some have predicted they'll only make four of those, I think they should make at least five and get better players now. They need DE, OLB, S, and the RB and two OL.

I think they can compete next year. Things could be worse. It was a great season. But this really sucks.

Comment

Looks like Belichek has turned into a great regular season coach, probably overachieved until the playoffs. Didn't see the game, listened to the first half and it didn't sound good. Looks like Rex wins again
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Hi guys, did I miss anything?
                          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                            Hi guys, did I miss anything?
                            I didn't have to get anyone a beer for 2 years?

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I was listening to Dale and Holley (no, I have no idea why) and it sounded like Wilfork said he disagreed with Belichick's benching of Welker for the first offensive series. Huh.

Was also just thinking that NE beat all four conference finalists this year. Three of the four wins weren't close. Yesterday was brutal but I think they found out that some of these guys can play. Hopefully they can find a few more good ones this offseason. I'd love to hear about a veteran free safety who's becoming a free agent and has a lot of respect for Belichick. That could be the missing piece.

Also, the Pats could play in the opening game next year, if the Jets or Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to have some "stars" beyond Mayo, Wilfork and Brady. I'd think a pass rush might help or maybe a wide receiver taller than a smurf.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X