Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Thank you hurting Fourve. I hate you Pats a little less for that. Thanks.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
      I honestly feel this team is better than a lot of people think. The past few weeks have been ugly, ugly games. But you know what's funny? WE'VE WON EACH WEEK!

That's the difference between the Patriots from 2001-2005 and what we've seen the past few years. During the Super Bowl run, the Pats won games ugly. There weren't a ton of fancy plays...anything big came from gutting it out and taking advantage of an opportunity, forcing another team to make a mistake. We rarely ran up the score on another team. It might have been ugly, but we won.

We have won ugly the pasty few weeks. We have a bruising runner in BenJarvus Green-Ellis. We have a possession (read: high percentage, high efficiency) passing game. With Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, and Buffalo left on the schedule, we should at the very least be a 10-win team. Pittsburgh, Indy, Jets, Packers, and Dolphins are pretty much toss-ups, but even if we win against Miami, Green Bay, and the Jets, that would be 13. The Jets have a favorable schedule for the rest of the season, with their only real challenges coming from Houston, Pittsburgh, and the Pats. But that's all just a matter of playing around with schedules and whatnot.

That being said, Pats can't overlook the Browns coming off the bye. Look what happened to the Saints.
      Don't let Samson Brady cut his hair.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just saw Randy in post game interview, he's a little PO'ed
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

They're three wins away from the 9-7 season I predicted.

Moss's PG comments:
          "I'm going to go ahead and start this thing off. I'm going to go ahead and say this. I think I said something a couple weeks ago. Look, I got fined $25,000 for not speaking to you all. Me personally, I really don't care. But at the same time, I do answer questions throughout the week. For the league to fine me $25,000, I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct. So I'll answer my own questions. I'll ask myself the questions, then give y'all the answers. So from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season. Enough said of that, now we'll get to the game.

"Let me hold it down. Alright. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, Wilfolk, Tommy Boy, Mayo, Kevin Faulk, man I miss them guys, man, I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It's been an up and down roller coaster emotionally for me all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys, running plays and I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game, so I kind of know what type of feeling they have on their locker room, man. I just want to be able to tell the guys, I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.

"I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game. I've never had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special. That's something I really take to heart. I actually salute coach Belichick and his team and the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So I'm actually stuck for words, just because of the fact that, man, this is just, a lot of memories here. To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that.

"Like I said, it's been an emotional roller coaster all week. Tried to prepare, tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played, couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies here. The bad part about it, is you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over and say, 'Dag Moss, I guess you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.' And it hurts as a player, that you put a lot of hard work in during the week, and at the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work that you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment.

"I can't really say enough about this team and this organization. I met with Mrs. Kraft before the game because I really didn't have a chance to talk to her before I left. I thanked Mrs. Kraft for letting me have the opportunity to be a part of something special. The New England Patriots have always been a special organization and I've always watched from afar.

"When I got drafted by Minnesota, and I think I said this a couple weeks ago, I think I felt obligated to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota. And this season is still not over. Do I know what next season and the future is going to bring? No, I do not. But all I can say is that it's a lot of work that we leave on the field each day.

"There is a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work in New England and the only thing that I really tried to do was take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he's given me about the game of football, and I tried to sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how. So I'm going to go ahead and end this interview, I have my family to see.

"Definitely down that we lost this game because I didn't expect us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe it could have been different. Maybe not. I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England, but I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, coach Belichick, man, with a salute. Man, I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Don't let Samson Brady cut his hair.
            Yeah, really. He's winning much more now that he looks like an ugly girl.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Just saw Randy in post game interview, he's a little PO'ed
            that was hilarious. Unless you're a Vikings fan. In which case the entire NFL season is like being forced to root for PC ice hockey.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              that was hilarious. Unless you're a Vikings fan. In which case the entire NFL season is like being forced to root for PC ice hockey.
              I read an article in the Star Trib about Moss's 'press conference'.

Funny thing is, the loonies commenting on the article were all defending Moss for telling the truth. They hate their coach so much, to the exclusion of practically everything else going on, that even Moss's antics get viewed in that light.

I almost wanted to break it to them: "Moss is not criticizing your coaching staff out of deep, undying affection for the good of your franchise. He's just being Moss." But they'll see soon enough.
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Thank you hurting Fourve. I hate you Pats a little less for that. Thanks.
                Everybody hates Fourve. Even my wife who doesn't like football. She thinks he's a fraud. Made me love her even more.
                Originally posted by Bakunin
                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Vikings wave Randy Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                    Vikings wave Randy Moss.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5752939

Holy poop balls, Batman!
                    Originally posted by Bakunin
                    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

I knew he wouldn't be long for that team after his insane "I love New England" outburst last night. But that's crazy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        I knew he wouldn't be long for that team after his insane "I love New England" outburst last night. But that's crazy.
                        Childress is clueless. He's already lost control of the team to Brett Pevre. (Minny commenters name for him, not mine). Now he's cans a guy who they just forked over a pick and millions of dollars for all because the coach is too stupid to integrate him into the offense.

I don't get it. Why do coaches like Childress, Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, etc keep getting jobs? Its plainly obvious to even the most casual fan that these people are in over their heads. Strange.

While I'd love to see him back with the Pats who's offense has stagnated without him (who would have thought the D would be winning us games) I'm not sure of the logistics. Apparently 30 other teams get first crack at him as the Pats currently have the best record in the league. Not sure if he can refuse a claim by Buffalo and hold out for another team. If he can, I'd expect either New Orleans or Indy to grab him, as that would be big trouble if he teamed up with those QB and not the broken down relic that is Favre.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Why was Steve Grogan punting for the Patriots Yesterday? Not that he didn't do a good job or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                            who's got my ascii roflcopter?

too funny
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Childress is clueless. He's already lost control of the team to Brett Pevre. (Minny commenters name for him, not mine). Now he's cans a guy who they just forked over a pick and millions of dollars for all because the coach is too stupid to integrate him into the offense.

I don't get it. Why do coaches like Childress, Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, etc keep getting jobs? Its plainly obvious to even the most casual fan that these people are in over their heads. Strange...........
                              sssssssssssshhhhh
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                I almost wanted to break it to them: "Moss is not criticizing your coaching staff out of deep, undying affection for the good of your franchise. He's just being Moss." But they'll see soon enough.
                                Um... MN had Moss first. If these idiots had paid any attention when he was here the first time, none of this would be surprising.

And Childress is a moron of the highest order. 12 men in the huddle in the NFC championship is all you need to know about his coaching ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X