Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

What a sloppy game! Neither offense could find their rhythm, except for NE's opening drive in the second half, that was a beauty. Also, I noticed a lot more actual tackles as opposed to the hits we're used to seeing. It seems like the players took the NFL's video seriously.
    PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Was knee deep in other stuff yesterday and caught the 3q score walking past the TV...when they were up by 17 with 8min to play I figured that it was a done deal. When my son came out to tell me the Chargers missed the tying FG I thought he was kidding.

That would have been a monumental collapse. In the end, it was a W, on the road, against a usual playoff contender. The kind of game that could have given SD life for a 2nd half run...hopefully it puts them out of the playoffs, much rather play KC in the playoffs than SD.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Matt Light stunk yesterday.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Matt Light stunk yesterday.
          The sun rose in the east this morning.

Comment

I don’t know which cliché to pull out:

“You are what [your record says] you are.”

“This is the worst 5-1 team ever.”

“Norv Turner is a great offensive coordinator, but a poor head coach.”

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              And it will settle in a final location.
              Originally posted by Bakunin
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                ...hopefully it puts them out of the playoffs, much rather play KC in the playoffs than SD.
                doesn't matter...

pitt/tenn v atlanta

(and you know it's true!! )
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                  I don’t know which cliché to pull out:

“This is the worst 5-1 team ever.”
                  I'm pretty sure Tampa is a worse 4-2 team than New England is a 5-1 team, if that helps.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

5-1 with this group is pretty remarkable. The replacemernt of Connolly with Wendell at halftime was a key move -- "halftime adjustments" are probably overrated but last year NE looked worse in the second half pretty routinely. This year they've come out and done some nice things after halftime.

Hopefully they can catch another scheduling break this week and miss Favre. Yeah, he looks terrible and Jackson has started in the League, but I'd still like our chances better with TJ in there.

Interesting stuff here, BTW: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-new-contract/

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      What is the meaning of the Buddha coming from the east?

The tree stands in the courtyard.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        The tree stands in the courtyard.
                        The crow flies northward at midnight.

Comment

The British are coming?
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            The British are coming?
                            ...is not what they said. Everyone from the Colonies considered themselves "British;" the riders shouted, "The Redcoats are coming" or "The regulars are coming."

Comment

We dodge a bullet this week with Fox coming in to call the game. No Joe Buck. Brennaman is filling in with Aikman while Thanksdad is at the World Series.

Easy storylines for the Boston media the next month: Randy, Brett, and the Vikings; followed by Mangenius coming off a bye; then Pittsburgh and Indy heading into Thanksgiving in Detroit.

One thing that's stood out to me this year in keeping an eye on the games every week is that the 8-9 awful/horrible/putrid teams from last year have improved themselves, leaving very few gimmes every week. Buffalo stinks, sure (though they've hung in there at Baltimore and NE). Other than that, the two games on NE's shcedule that look the easiest are at Cleveland and at Detroit. Both of those teams are capable of winning. Last year, IMO, the bottom teams were much worse week to week.

Comment

Nice to see my anti-Matt Light campaign finally getting some converts. I remember posting this several years ago, only to have some idiots mention nonsense about him making the all time Pats team. Anybody who's watched him play can tell you he can't guard quick players and takes way too many stupid penalties. I'm hoping when Mankins comes back they reshuffle the line and send Light to the bench as a backup.

Childress stupidly mouthed off this week which didn't do his team any favors. Normally I'd be worried with our weak secondary even facing a washed up Favre due to the Moss factor, but with a broken ankle I only see him playing the first set of downs. Stop the run and everything else ought to take care of itself.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X