Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

There's 2
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Comment

5 & 6.

Gonna be 7... I'm a slacker.

Comment

If Randy was a Raven, he woulda blocked that.

Comment

Eat Justin Bieber.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Wish I had something substantive to add. I'm just surprised and thrilled with the victory. The first three quarters went just about exactly like I thought they would, but they fought back. The soft front-runners of last year (and week two) may have turned a corner.

I thought Cunningham had a good game. In fact, he has surprised me with his play as much as anyone. A college 4-3 DE transitioning to a 3-4 OLB as a pro, as a 22-year-old, I expected him to be invisible for at least the first half of the season. He's contributed a decent amount.

Oh, and remember that tiny white guy they signed right before the Jets game as "gamesmanship," just to get a scouting report on their rivals (as it was portrayed in pretty much every single media outlet)? Whatever happened to him, anyway . . . ?

SD looks awful at times but they're a tough team to beat on the road. I like their chances better next week if Gates can't play, though: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...antonio-gates/

Comment

This game could have finished very differently if Baltimore hadn't abandoned their passing game in the 4th quarter and ot.

Weather is part of the game, don't get me wrong. But the Pats may have received a little assist from the wind yesterday (assuming that was why the Ravens stopped going to Boldan and Houshmanzadeh).
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

San Diego upcoming. TBA will tell us why the refs suck and most of us will agree.

I had a great "Jon is a hypocrite" moment after Merryweather's idiotic helmet on helmet hit where I bad mouthed the ref. And then I saw the replay. Yeah. Go back to the sideline and think about the Big Bang Clock...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They win a couple more games and it might be time to bring back the Patriots Opponent Excuse Generator.

Unfortunately Dallas isn't on the schedule until next year.
                      "Very surprised we're 1-4," receiver Roy Williams said. "Are we a 1-4 football team? No, but yes. We're undefeated in these losses. Cowboys are 4-0 [because] we beat ourselves. We beat ourselves in all of these losses."

Comment

I can't wait to listen to Felger and Maz on my way home tonight. Felger is going to be ridiculously high on himself.
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

I too am pleasantly surprised. Not by the O which struggled a bit (although dropped passes cost at least 3 3rd down conversions IIRC). The D was a big surprise. While they still can't cover anybody downfield, their work against the run and getting some pressure on Flacco was nice to see finally. Cunningham, Spikes, Nikovich, Wilfolk, etc did a nice job just making plays and being solid when it counted - something we haven't seen for awhile. Anybody else think we were doomed when Baltimore won the toss in OT?

Anyway, I think McCourty is usually in the play and will get better in time. Arrington is strictly special teams material though. I really wish they'd swing a deal for a decent veteran corner on a bottom dweller team for one of their 30 picks in the upcoming draft.

Lastly, I think we've found our RB for the season. Running against that D is not easy for anybody, and it was starting to look easy.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            I had a great "Jon is a hypocrite" moment after Merryweather's idiotic helmet on helmet hit where I bad mouthed the ref. And then I saw the replay. Yeah. Go back to the sideline and think about the Big Bang Clock...
                            Do you think it was intentional? I thought it was accidential. Anyhow, the Ravens are calling it a cheap shot and Meriweather says it was accidential.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Comment

Does any team spend more time yapping about **** than the Ravens? Oh wait. The Jest. Nevermind.

Some guy on ESPN just went out of his way to show how Merriweather's hit was dirty and the one that some poor innocent member of the Jest was completely clean and you'd have to be a fool and a communist to think any differently. Then he went and made sweet sweet love to a photo of Mike Kryljdaklfjakdlfjklsdfjasl;dkj and KobeJesus. Unbelievable.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Merriweather's hit was as a dirty as sin, but after ESPN's stupidity, I'm almost willing to pay for a trip to London so Brandon can see the Palace and the Big Bang Clock again.
                              Last edited by Jon; 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I don't love this matchup with SD but there's a real opportunity here. Looks like Naanee and Floyd will be out, and of course Jackson's still missing, and Gates will surely play but hopefully he's 80% (which is still good enough to put up three touchdowns on us, but it's better than 100%, right?). English is out too. And Keading, who chokes in the postseason but is a weapon during the regular season, will also be inactive. So this becomes a nice spot for them to possibly compete for another road win.

But this will be the first legit top 8-10 QB they'll face this year. With Arrington limited in practice all week, we'll see how that defensive backfield looks. Wheatley appears healthy enough to be back, and who knows what's going on with Butler? It's almost unbelievable to me that McCourty has played every single defensive snap as a rookie.

Should be interesting. Also, my DVR effed up the NFL Top 100 Players show last night, but Hannah (24) and Brady (21) made it. Brady was introduced by Derek Jeter.

Comment

Working...
                                X