Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    Anyone else think the change to the offense might actually help the defense? If they truly get back to the ball-control offense of the Super Bowl runs, that means more rest for the D, and simply less time on the field. How many drives in the past few years were three-and-outs, running almost no time off the clock because two of the three plays were incomplete passes. And, how many 1-2 minute scoring drives were there? Yeah, those are flashy, but that also means your Defense is right back on the field again.

If this team returns to methodically marching up and down the field, you will see a dramatic improvement in the defense, and they will start winning the close games they've been losing.
    Very important point. Building off that, with the offense on the field longer, defensive coaches will have more time to COACH the players instead of sending them back out there to make the same mistakes again and again.

I am a firm believer in ball-control offense, even if it is old-fashioned and boring as hell. It's effective at winning games, and it creates a well-rounded TEAM...which is how the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls. They didn't win them because of Tom Brady. They didn't win them because of the offense OR the defense (or even Adam Vinatieri's right foot). They won them because they played as a cohesive unit...which really HAS been missing, and even in 2007 it was missing.
    A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Even Justin Bieber is making fun of Tom Brady's hair.

The New England Patriots quarterback's long locks have been mocked for resembling that of the teen pop sensation -- and now Bieber himself is piling on.

In a video posted by Bieber late Wednesday, he raps: "Sacked like a sacker. Call up Mr. Brady. Tell him to leave his hair to the guy who sings 'Baby.'"
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Justin Bieber should fall into a pit of needles, Saw II style. F him until he dies.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Even Justin Bieber is making fun of Tom Brady's hair.

The New England Patriots quarterback's long locks have been mocked for resembling that of the teen pop sensation -- and now Bieber himself is piling on.

In a video posted by Bieber late Wednesday, he raps: "Sacked like a sacker. Call up Mr. Brady. Tell him to leave his hair to the guy who sings 'Baby.'"
          Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          Justin Bieber should fall into a pit of needles, Saw II style. F him until he dies.
          Bieber is such a d-bag. I'm sure Brady really grew his hair out just to be like a teen-aged moron who apparently can sing...or, rap.

Justin Bieber: the first person to ever have hair.
          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
          -Fred Shero

Comment

Should be interesting today. I wish I could be as optimistic as some here (I'm not -- yet, anyway), but I'm really excited to see how they'll look today with two weeks off.

Comment

I know why people hate the Yankees and Red Sox, and it's why I hate the Steelers.

I knew what I was getting into, living in Virginia. There are all kinds of teams that are more local than New England. But I can at least count on being able to see the Patriots when they play the Ravens, right?

No. The CBS affiliate has declared themselves part of Steeler Nation. So we get the Brownies and Steelers instead of the team just to the north, which also happens to be a pretty good team (Ravens).

*sigh*

radio it is. Got too much to do today to spend the afternoon in a bar
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

radio it is. Got too much to do today to spend the afternoon in a bar
                I've seen you type many intelligent and thoughtful posts and then you put this out there? Good God man, get ahold of yourself!
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                  I've seen you type many intelligent and thoughtful posts and then you put this out there? Good God man, get ahold of yourself!
                  One day, when I wasn't looking, I accidentally got old.

Know what else is getting old? The Patriots not being a good defensive team.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

What a finish! Keep killing the clock and moving forward. Can't score too quickly here, and can't settle for 3.

Ugh. not good. too much time left to kick and give the ball back.
                    Last edited by amherstblackbear; 10-17-2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Never a doubt.
                      Now just get us within a chip shot.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Never a doubt.
                        Now just get us within a chip shot.
                        61 yards?

Comment

Down wind.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Moss would have caught that ball and the game would be over.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                              Moss would have caught that ball and the game would be over.

Unpossible. He's not on the team anymore.

I woulda gone for the FG. 50 yarder with the wind.

Comment

How do you not give one of the best legs and best kickers in the league a chance in that situation?
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X