Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

... The worst pun ever?

Hope they keep this up against the Jest.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Kraft dropped by WEEI today to rebut Schefter's report yesterday about the Mankins negotiations: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...eal-with-logan

They threw 35 times: no sacks, no interceptions. How many times did Brady even get hit? And Ojinnaka becomes available today (meaning they'll need to cut someone), so hopefully he can contribute and provide more depth to a thin (but impressive so far) offensive line.

It'll be interesting to see how they hold up against the Super Bowl Champion New York Jets next week.

Comment

Now that Brady's signed, they need to start making progress on some of these other contracts. I'm in favor of extending Moss. I think they're crazy if they don't. You can always cut guys if they crap out, unlike in baseball.

Since the D is young, and I don't believe Welker is breaking the bank, I do wonder what they're spending money odd. Brady & Wilfolk, and Moss although I heard 6.5M a year for him, and ....? There ought to be some money around to sign up some of these guys.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Perfect timing: Taylor was limited in practice today by a toe injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
          Perfect timing: Taylor was limited in practice today by a toe injury.
          saw a note on a jets thread, maybe pats sign hard knocks star Woodhead so they can get the lowdown on the Jets offense...on the other hand...based on how it looked Monday...what could he possibly say?
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
            saw a note on a jets thread, maybe pats sign hard knocks star Woodhead so they can get the lowdown on the Jets offense...on the other hand...based on how it looked Monday...what could he possibly say?
            I never understood the Jets to the Super Bowl bandwagon a lot of people are on. Their O has serious issues, starting with QB. A guy like Sanchez can be successful if he had Tomlinson in his prime back there, and his job was just to not make mistakes, but at this stage in his career I can't see him beating you game in and game out on his own. He's like a Matt Cassel level of QB.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Randy Moss traded for TO...you heard it here first.
              Maine coach Red Gendron said:
              “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

They need to make a deal for Larry Fitzgerald. That guy's SOL out in Arizona now that Kurt Warner retired. Think he'd look good as the 3rd option in the Pats offense.

Comment

Pats sign RB Danny Woodhead, who the Jets cut this week. Peter King is tweeting as if this is the first time in the history of the NFL such an event has transpired -- a "shot across Rex Ryan's bow," right out of Sun Tzu's "The Art of War," which sits in Belichick's football library.

No word from Petey on why, if this signing is designed to get information on the Jets, they waited until Saturday, four days after the gameplan was installed. Maroney's roster spot has been vacant for three days now.

Comment

With the caveat that you can find these crazies on any team's message board (or simply by reading my posts following a Patriots loss ), the reaction at Gang Green is great:
                    watch Woodhead turn into Wes Welker 3.0/Julian Edelman 2.0.
                    Any chance Danny Woodhead was sent on a recon mission, and deliver false info to the patriots?
                    what a ****** woodhead is. The jets give him a chance when no other team would and despite his undersized *** being better suited selling fries at mcdonalds. He repays our loyalty by whoring around his services (playbook info) to the same team every jets fan dispises and who we happen to be playing in week 2. I say f him. I hope he goes back to iowa and mends his daddys farm while we smash the snot out of brady..

Disclaimer: i kno he's just looking out for his family and professional career but i just hate the pats to **** much to be understanding right now.
                    Yeah because Bellicheck really needs extra info to learn about the art of the checkdown...
                    Seriously, though...I am going to un-friend him on Facebook right ****ing now
                    This tells me the Pats are worried. Jets win tomorrow. You heard it here first....unless you already heard someone say that already.
                    They are worried so the first thing they do is sign Danny Woodhead?
                    woodheadgate.
                    Its entirely possible this game gets away from the Jets and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get a lot of garbage time touches. In which case, the Jets should plan to have a coupla pipe hittin ni**as to go to work on him with a pair pliers and a blow torch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I never understood the Jets to the Super Bowl bandwagon a lot of people are on...
                      cause people are stupid
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Is it fashionable to dislike the Pats again?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Is it fashionable to dislike the Pats again?
                          never went out of style...
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nice cheap shot to Welkers head
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It's a defense coached by a Ryan. What did you expect?
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X