Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

No SB!?!?! Well is krafty bob gonna refunds some of these high ticket prices with all his saved money from moss & mankins!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      Seriously? Was Moss taking off plays or something? He's still the best WR in Patriots history.
      Somewhere, Stanley Morgan is laughing.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

The Globe's Shalise Young just tweeted that Deion Branch may be returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Sure, you say that now, but just wait until Randy torches the Jets for 200 yards and 2TDs.

Then gets traded back to New England next week
          You may be onto something here... Imagine a player that absolutely owns another team. If you want to stick it to the Jets other team, you sign the guy for the week, cut him on Monday, he signs with the next team on the Jets' other team's schedule. Repeat as necessary.

Player gets a bonus if the team wins. Otherwise, league minimum.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            Somewhere, Stanley Morgan is laughing.
            Irving Fryar, Troy Brown, Deion Branch... As talented as Randy Moss, hell no. But all very productive. Who was that WR out of Notre Dame who had a first down every time he touched the ball during the Super Bowl years? I loved that guy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

David Givens. I loved that guy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                David Givens. I loved that guy.
                Irving Fryar, Troy Brown, Deion Branch... As talented as Randy Moss, hell no. But all very productive. Who was that WR out of Notre Dame who had a first down every time he touched the ball during the Super Bowl years? I loved that guy.
                Did you just have a conversation with yourself?
                Originally posted by Bakunin
                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                  No one else will give him an intelligent answer!

Comment

My job does that to me.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

He technically could if he has time machine access. Or if he's talking to a parallel version of himself.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I would be shocked by this, but it wouldn't be the first time.
                        By Tom E. Curran
                        CSNNE.com

The Patriots have looked into the possibility of dealing for Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson, a source confirmed Thursday night.

Talks are preliminary at this point but the idea of the Patriots acquiring Jackson in exchange for Logan Mankins is in play.

Mankins and Jackson are in identical contractual situations. They are restricted free agents in their fifth seasons in the league. Had the expiring CBA not intervened, both would have been free agents last offseason. Both men have opted to sit out rather than play for their tender offers.

Jackson, a 2009 Pro Bowl alternate, was placed on the roster exempt list by San Diego in the offseason. He will have to sit out three games if and when he's traded.

According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune, the asking price for Jackson is a second and third-round pick to an NFC; a first and a second to an AFC team.

Again, it's early in the process and the Patriots are exploring several possibilities for shoring up their receiver corps in the wake of the Randy Moss deal. How serious their conversations are, we'll soon find out.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          He technically could if he has time machine access. Or if he's talking to a parallel version of himself.
                          Or if he has Multiple Personality Disorder. Or if he cloned himself. Or if Jon, the physical entity, was having a converstaion with his "Self", the mental-spiritual entity.
                          A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Lost in all the Moss hoopla is how the team played Monday night. I liked what I saw.

The D in previous games seemed to play tentative, played 'scared' (of making a mistake?). Monday night, they played a loose, aggressive, attacking style of game and looked very good in the process. They forced their game on the Dolphins and made things happen.

Am I ready to anoint them Super Bowl champs? Not even close. But the emotion shown by the coaches and players after that game is very encouraging. The young D and special teams got a huge boost in confidence Monday night, and I think it will make a difference for them going forward and help bring them together as a 'tight' unit.

Credit Bill Belichick.... he played the 'no respect' card and the team responded. It's them against the world, and that's a very powerful motivator that they can draw from for the entire season. Good stuff.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

My job does that to me.
                              Jon and Jon do it...

conversationally??
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                                Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
                                Or if he has Multiple Personality Disorder. Or if he cloned himself. Or if Jon, the physical entity, was having a converstaion with his "Self", the mental-spiritual entity.
                                Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                Jon and Jon do it...

conversationally??
                                Me, myself and I declare you all winners.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X