X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Best laugh of the day for me is from Wes Welker. But you be the judge

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...lker_tip-.html

Link goes to a login page... just google 'Welker tip-toe' in Google News.
    Last edited by whatever; 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

This is just.... amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
        Best laugh of the day for me is from Wes Welker. But you be the judge

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...lker_tip-.html

Link goes to a login page... just google 'Welker tip-toe' in Google News.
        Saw that last night, wicked funny, gotta love the subtle jab. Unlike the Jests, this took creativity, and to do it with a straight face makes it even more awesome.

Cro Mag Mangold tweeted this today in response:
        'Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he coul...d really open the Gate.'

Considering it probably took everyone on the Jests roster to come up with this huddled around Mangold's drool covered laptop, I give it a C-

Comment

Bart Scott didn't bother with word play, instead getting right to the point:
          FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Wes Welker might've toed the company line a bit with his 11 foot references during a news conference in New England on Thursday, his subtle way of taking a few shots at Rex Ryan and trying to tweak the Jets ' coach after his alleged role in a foot-fetish video.

But Bart Scott thinks Welker crossed that line. And the Jets linebacker has an important message for the wide receiver, whom the Jets will face in Sunday's AFC divisional game against the Patriots in Foxborough, Mass.

"I'll tell you what," Scott told Newsday on Friday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
            I don't know, I sure got a kick out of it...

I'll go to my room now...
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

hahaha, Another well thought out response. Inferiority complex much?
              All I really heard was:
              "Why don't you make like a tree and.... get the hell out of here!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                Wow. A threat. Nice. Klassay organization.

Comment

It just occurred to me that Welker's first game with NE was the game where the Jets confiscated Matt Estrella's video equipment. Welker had no affiliation with the 2000-2006 Patriots, so Mangold directing the comment toward Welker makes no sense whatsoever.

No, I'm not sure why I even wasted the time to type that out. What an interminable wait this has been. 32 hours and counting . . .

Comment

ClayTravisBGID
                    Bart Scott football ethics chart: Dog fighting? Cool. Murder? Teammate. Rape? No sweat. Foot fetish joker? His career needs to end.
                    less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Comment

<5 hours to go. Should be interesting today: I think the Jets will play one of their best games, if not their best game, of the year. NE will have to play very well, so the ~20 Pats who have never played in a playoff game will need to show up bigtime.

During the preseason and the first half of the RS, one of the words Belichick kept mentioning in press conferences was "compete" -- or competitive, competing, etc. Last year, when things started to go badly (especially on the road), NE just didn't compete very well at all. And that culminated in a three-touchdown loss in a home playoff game that was less competitive than the final score indicated. And then it showed up again in the second half of week two against the Jets -- they couldn't stop the snowball from becoming an avalanche.

But from that point on, they have competed very well this year (even the Cleveland game was more an issue of the Browns playing extremely well and Brady in particular misfiring the entire game). So I think they'll at the very least hang in there if the Jets come out on fire today. This team is not the most talented but they've shown they can take a punch or two (Indy, Detroit, Green Bay), unlike last year's soft front-runners.

Go Pats!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                        This is just.... amazing.

Wow, I kept thinking it was a spoof. They really mean it....what a sad statement.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Awful.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Questionable decisions being made by genius tonight
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Go Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Questionable decisions being made by genius tonight
                                Your density wins again.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X