Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

He said it was a "medication I should've gotten clarification on," so I don't think it was pot.

I'm watching Appalachian State-Villanova and keeping an eye on Nova T Ben Ijalana since three of the five mock drafts I regularly follow have the Pats taking him in round two or three of the 2011 draft. (Many project him as a guard at the NFL level.) So far he appears to be dominating everyone who lines up against him.

Comment

Not sure what to think, but here's the explanation, anyway:
      Patriots rookie linebacker Brandon Spikes‘ four-game suspension was caused by a positive test for attention deficit disorder medicine, according to Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England.

Officially, Spikes was announced as having violated the league’s policy against steroids and related substances. According to Curran, the ADHD medicine was deemed a “performance enhancer” by the NFL. As Curran also points out, Adderall contains amphetamines that are listed among the league’s banned substances. Adderall is one of the most common treatment drugs for ADHD.

Regardless of the explanation for Spikes’ ingestion of a banned substance and subsequent suspension, the second-round rookie has accepted the four-game ban and will not appeal.

Spikes should be eligible for the Patriots’ first playoff game.

Comment

Hmm. Why did I think it was pot?
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
          Not sure what to think, but here's the explanation, anyway:
          interesting thing about adderall is that it has a tendency to make males more aggressive than they would otherwise tend to be.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The Patriots aren't doing that bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              The Patriots aren't doing that bad...
              i really hope they are peaking now.....
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Pats are the only team to clinch a playoff berth.

Comment

I don't know why I do it but I was on the boards on ESPN.com tonight. Got a kick out of this post from a Bears fan:

Do Patriots fans really not think there's something going on illegally with their team??? This team continues to make the perfect play calls week in and out without having close to an impressive lineup of players. The colts have a better supporting cast with their diminished lineup then Brady does and there 7-6. And N.E. will be 11-2 really? A bunch of no ones on that patriots team stealing play calls is still better then the best team in the nfl not stealing calls and that whats going on with the patriots
                  Heh.

Comment

Last few weeks have been as fun as we've seen since 16-0...I know teams can get rusty if they shut it down but I hope to see more Edelman and less Welker in the next few weeks, more Taylor and less law firm, more Tate (great catch) and less 84 etc. Let them conserve some energy, heal some dings and aches and get prepared for the playoffs.

I know some will say to do the opposite, I'm just less worried about rust than I am depth if they get a key injury.
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

That is priceless, Scarlet, right down to the stream of misspellings. After a couple years away, Patriots Derangement Syndrome appears to be back.

So how long before they tell us this Jets strength and conditioning coach is a former Patriots employee? "Coming up next on 1st and 10: Is TripGate really more of a Patriots story? Skip Bayless, what's your take?"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        i really hope they are peaking now.....
                        As long as they're not peeking.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I don't know why I do it but I was on the boards on ESPN.com tonight. Got a kick out of this post from a Bears fan:
                          Heh.
                          That is toooo funny, Scarlet

Whodathunk this would happen, when we heard the news about Moss' move? At that time, I was hoping that the Pats would at least get in the playoffs edgewise but they're the only team to have cinched a spot in the playoffs, and with home advantage, I believe.

The Bill Abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Heh.
                            just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It's official. The NE Patriots ran up the score on the NY Jets.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...oston_mas.html

boo hoo.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                                It's official. The NE Patriots ran up the score on the NY Jets.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...oston_mas.html

boo hoo.
                                Awwww, it's so sweet that he was so concerned about Tom Brady's welfare. What a guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X