X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots 2010: the Year We Make Contracts

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    I'm not sure who to root for. Can you guys tie? :P
    I'm not sure there are ties in football? Anyone have McNabb's phone number?

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
    Sure, the Patriots have often scraped the bottom of the barrel while looking for motivational fodder, but this attempt by the Jets may be the most absurd yet:
    Wow, so Rex Ryan finally cracked the "Pats Speak" code, huh? What a brilliant football mind!! They say this stuff as if no one has ever realized that the Pats have institutionalized non-speak, and turned "no comment" into an art form.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

The mind tricks don't stop with insincere comments! The entire Patriots fan base tomorrow is going to show up with sandwiches and distract Rex Ryan with his kryptonite: delicious snacks!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        I'm not sure there are ties in football? Anyone have McNabb's phone number?

Wow, so Rex Ryan finally cracked the "Pats Speak" code, huh? What a brilliant football mind!! They say this stuff as if no one has ever realized that the Pats have institutionalized non-speak, and turned "no comment" into an art form.
        So, let me get this straight. When every coach and player, in every sport, says how good their upcoming opponent is and how much they respect them etc., it is all true, but when the Pats say it, it is insincere? Oh, ok, got it.

Let me test you guys:

Hey Rex, you are a great guy, true leader, look great in a sweatervest, awesome coach, have you lost weight?

You make the call!!
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Jay Glazer
          Jets players told me rex asked team to bring playbooks to mtg last night fearing them being left in rooms for possible subterfuge. Love it!
          17 minutes ago via ƜberTwitter

Comment

I just love it when the Pats mess with the J-E-T-S heads.

Comment

Well, this has been a good first half.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Still early. Don't jinx it!

Comment

They should have had at least 3 more points, they blew good field position there at the end
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Pats don't Tackle for ++++
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Pats don't Tackle for ++++
                      Apparently, you don't need to.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Can I say it now?
                        38-3

We need to get John Gruden the hell out of MA before he tries to steal Brady away from Giselle.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

J-e-t-s j-e-t-s j-e-t-s

Comment

How long will it take till we hear the whining about running up the score?

Comment

That was a bloodbath. I did not see that coming at all.

My biggest concern was special teams: Weatherford pinning us deep and the KO return/coverage units getting lit up. Could I have possibly been more wrong?

Comment

When they picked McCourty, I remember saying something along the lines of "top corner and DROY candidate." Right? Um, guys . . . didn't I say that?

MikeReiss Two different defenders talked about Devin McCourty after the game and how he is emerging as a shutdown corner and the impact that has.
                                11 minutes ago via Echofon

Comment

Working...
                                X