This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2009-10 NHL regular season thread: Slightly less meaningless hockey

No, I'm not a Shark fan embittered by years of annual spring failure.

Puck drops in 20 minutes! Whee!
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Re: The 2009-10 NHL regular season thread: Slightly less meaningless hockey

I don't get the Europe thing. It's like the MLB opening up in Japan, it just doesn't feel right.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

1:54 into the season

Colton Orr (tor) vs George Laraque (mtl).
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Alex Ovechkin is going to be insanely good this year....

GO WILD!
        "I'm not bias, but that should have been a penalty on the Badgers"- Frank Mazacco

Originally posted by Skeeterman
        The boner has a mind of its own.

Comment

Hal Gil is still a pylon.

Comment

NHL Center Ice preview until the 24th... is this not HD? I was planning on getting center ice this year, but if it isn't HD, I don't think so...

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              NHL Center Ice preview until the 24th... is this not HD? I was planning on getting center ice this year, but if it isn't HD, I don't think so...
              Pretty sure the HD is up to the cable provider. DirectTV gets most of the games in HD, but for me on Time Warner in NYC I get a max of 1 game per night in HD.

Comment

Hockey on an HD tv that isn't in HD is absolutely dreadful.
                "I'm not bias, but that should have been a penalty on the Badgers"- Frank Mazacco

Originally posted by Skeeterman
                The boner has a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
                  Pretty sure the HD is up to the cable provider. DirectTV gets most of the games in HD, but for me on Time Warner in NYC I get a max of 1 game per night in HD.
                  I have TWC down here in the dirrrty south. So I guess I should consider myself lucky. I couldn't find any NHL channels until I happened to check the blank "MLB Extra Innings" channels.

Comment

I have TWC down here in the dirrrty south. So I guess I should consider myself lucky. I couldn't find any NHL channels until I happened to check the blank "MLB Extra Innings" channels.
                    Yeah, here they use the Game# channels for both MLB and NHL. Then there is one channel called GameHD which gets the 1 HD game. Tonight its an MLB game, but obviously the MLB is almost over.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewj063 View Post
                      Hockey on an HD tv that isn't in HD is absolutely dreadful.
                      If you press the "#" button and change the aspect to "stretch" its a little better. Not good, but better.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        1:54 into the season

Colton Orr (tor) vs George Laraque (mtl).
                        Jay Rosehill (Tor) & Travis Moen (Mtl.) make it 2 bouts in the first 20 minutes!
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Not if they originate from Canada! HNIC has Toronto - Montreal in HD on opening night, but with only 4 games on the schedule tonight for some reason the NHL can't find the HD feed from the satellite.

I'm sure the evil dwarf has something to do with this.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Generally the same thing here upstate except that the HD sports channel is dedicated to Sox-Indians baseball.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              No, I'm not a Shark fan embittered by years of annual spring failure.

Puck drops in 20 minutes! Whee!
                              I am and tempted to ignore that team until April.

Comment

Working...
                              X