X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Allez Cuisine!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Just make sure the pan is properly seasoned before use!
    If it isn't pre-seasoned, that is (and nearly every cast iron pan sold in the last several decades has been seasoned at the factory.) Bacon would do its part in helping season the pan, but it'd be more effective to follow some of the seasoning directions online.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      oven pizza is so disappointing after you've had grilled.
      fact

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Anyone have any thoughts on Santokus vs. French-style chef's knives? I got a small (5" or 6", can't remember) Santoku as a free gift for putting a certain amount of Calphalon stuff on the wedding registry, and I haven't decided yet whether or not I like it.
        I have two Calphalon 7in Santokus and two 8in Chef knives. I go for the chef more often than not, but I've had no problem with the Santoku with the exception that things enjoy sticking to it.

Comment

Grilled Salmon and peas that I picked about an hour before I ate them, simple yet awesome
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I read an article that suggested ceviche as a great choice for a hot-weather meal since it doesn't require any actual cooking, and I happen to be receiving some fresh cilantro in my CSA distribution tomorrow and have a great fish store a block from my apartment, so I think I may give that a shot some night this week.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

You know, I was thinking about my Thanksgiving dinner, and all I really want to do this year is cook a slab of bacon, pile it between two slices of bread smeared with mayonnaise with some Boston lettuce and a thick slice of tomato, and eat.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                You know, I was thinking about my Thanksgiving dinner, and all I really want to do this year is cook a slab of bacon, pile it between two slices of bread smeared with mayonnaise with some Boston lettuce and a thick slice of tomato, and eat.
                Only problem with this idea is that you will probably have to search to find good tomatoes in November.

Comment

Brisket on the grill. All-day smoke. This will be my second attempt at brisket. I'm going to try a foil finish this time around.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Now the hard part... 30-45 minute rest while the intoxicating aroma fills the house...
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ok, wow. Last time around I perfected the dry rub but the brisket turned out a bit tough. This time around I left it naked in the grill for about 2/3 of the time and then finished triple-wrapped (tightly) in foil. It turned out spectacularly. The smoke ring around it has to be at least 1/4" into the meat. Definitely took the crown back from the grilled pizza as the best thing to have come off the grill.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Ok, wow. Last time around I perfected the dry rub but the brisket turned out a bit tough. This time around I left it naked in the grill for about 2/3 of the time and then finished triple-wrapped (tightly) in foil. It turned out spectacularly. The smoke ring around it has to be at least 1/4" into the meat. Definitely took the crown back from the grilled pizza as the best thing to have come off the grill.
                        I'm very jealous.

Comment

It wasn't a packer and was pretty small. But I could have thin-sliced that entire slab of beef and eaten it in a single sitting. The thin slices just about melted in your mouth. Didn't require any kind of sauce.

I think to switch it up a little, I'm going to toast up some hoagie rolls, slice it about as thin as possible, make a BBQ sauce and make a sandwich or two.
                          Code:

Comment

Had probably the best homemade meal I have done in a while. Smoked some chicken quaters that were injected with a creole marinade and also had a dry rub on it. Made some cheesy grits that turned out amazing and some green beans with onion and bacon.

dxm...Ive been wanting to a big brisket myself for a long time just havent done it yet.

I also want to do a pork shoulder sometime soon which I have done before. We do it each year at a hog roast my department at school does. We cut the shoulder into smaller chuncks (cut from a fresh killed hog...like killed less than 24 hours earlier fresh), slow grill them for a while and then put them in pans on the grill with a vinegar-based liquid and cover it in foil and let it sit for a few hours. Ends up so tender it falls apart with no trouble at all.
                            Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 07-15-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Those of you who've cooked bacon on the grill, do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking about giving it a whirl tomorrow.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Those of you who've cooked bacon on the grill, do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking about giving it a whirl tomorrow.
                                If you do it wrong, you'll end up with a huge fireball.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X